Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chapter Thirty Seven: Synetics Art Photo Shoot - Part #1

Yesterday I was really busy, went to a picnic all day. :)
Will come back to that soon.
Anyway, I didn't have the opportunity to write my daily blog, so I'll try to write two tomorrow.

However, the picnic was awesome, lots of fun and lots of food, and today I got the opportunity to do a photo shoot of one of my father in law piece.
He does, and has been doing since the mid sixties, Synetics Art, which in short is a form of art in movement.

This piece is amazing.
The piece is made of metal, with the center made of multiple squares of acrylic.
Each square as a set of 3 light insides, which, through a certain mathematical pattern, goes on and off (and everything in between) with various level of saturation.
The process is not that simple, but makes total sense while explained.
Unfortunately, I am not entitled to explain the details of the way it operates here.

The end product is that piece of art, where the squares change colours continuously, creating marvelous sets of colours, all more fascinating that the others.
The thing is, if you were to stay in front of the piece, it would take 6 years before the sets of colours start from beginning.
This, to me, is mind blowing.

It is useless to say that, I am learning a great deal of amazing things!
Here are few pictures from the photo shoot.
Tomorrow, I will try to show the piece in action.

Set One


Set Two


The Piece from a Different Angle


The Artist and his Piece, Mr. Davide Boriani


Voila, that's all for now folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
Janeiro 8th

No comments:

Post a Comment