Friday, January 21, 2011

Chapter Fifty: Colouring Black & White Pictures

Another look at rather old pieces.
For quite a while, as I previously said, I was overly practicing with PhotoShop.
For some reason, and this is a side note, I haven't really experimented with PS that much in the past few years, even though, from time to time, I do go back to try things with the software.

Anyway, as I was saying, this software was quite fascinating to me in the first part of the 2000's.
One of the things I liked to do, was colouring back and white pictures.
On a technical level, this consist in selecting different part of the pictures and simply putting colours into it.
This wasn't extremely challenging, in all honesty, but quite fun.
What I enjoyed the most, I believe, was the ability to create some strange places, strange feelings, more imaginative than anything else.
Here are few examples I found back in my archives.

The black & white picture was taken by Angie, Mike Routliffe's partner at the time:

Mike Routliffe by Angie - 
©  Angie


I reworked it, portraying his alter ego name he used back in those days:

Mykl Magus


Two other examples.
This was a part of four pieces, but I only can find two of them.
The original picture was, once again, taken by Angie, but I cannot find it.
Nor can I find the last of the processed one, so we only get piece two and three.
Mind you, to my humble defense, I am traveling and have a limited amount of archives with me, so this explains that...

Mykl Magus & the Sea of Gold


Mykl Magus & the Sea of Blood

Note: The text on the last picture was composed by Mike Routliffe aka Mykl Magus, and I use to go by the nickname of Spaceboys.


OK, that's all for today folks.
Cheers

Sincerely,

Serge
Janeiro 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment