Monday, January 24, 2011

Chapter Fifty Three: No Impact Man

So, I watched No Impact man, sometimes last week, and I must say, it was inspiring.
A family who decides to modify the way they live to have as much as a minimal impact on the environment for a period of one year.
It's not as much what they do, as the fact that they do it that inspires me.

Of course, our society has trained us to focus of what they do wrong, instead of what they do right.
And that is a grave mistake in the way of thinking.

So, not only would I urge people to check the documentary, but to get to act on it.
We can only find all kind of lame reason to not take action, but then, we do define yourself.

I truly believe that, the whole point, beside the experience, is to adapt their experience to your own life.
Look, listen and think.
Then act in a way that works for you.

At this point in history, action must be taken.
One way or the other, it has to be taken.

No one is perfect, but a difference can truly be made.
Walk away from the stereotypes and adapt.
Walk away from the way corporations wants you to be.
Think.
Think and take actions.

The determination of this New-York family is to be remembered.

One thing that left deep traces, on a personal level, is when the conversation comes to the fact of being positive or negative.
I use to say that I wasn't negative, but realistic.
Being realistic is what brings us where we are...
Ponder on that!




Voila, that's all for today folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
Janeiro 24th

2 comments:

  1. Positive steps toward betterment.

    Cheers,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gotta do something, we have to.
    Somehow, I often think that it starts in our own community.
    Of course, it ain't enough.
    But as soon as I am back to Canada, I plan to get inspired by Colin, and adapt his experience to my style!

    ReplyDelete