Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapter Seventy: A Walk in the City of Curitiba, and then...

... And then I flew.

I am leaving Brazil in four days.
An incredible anxiety fell upon me, saudade...
I feel such sadness.
I am aware that I shouldn't, that life is life and nothing is forever, and that every little things are going to be all right.
Still, what I feel, I feel.
On Tuesday, I will climb on a plane and fly away, fly away from the amazing people I have met here, from a family that welcome me in such an amazing way, that it is now, also, my family.
I will be blessed to find, up in Canada, my two glorious sons and my very dear friends, but the truth is that, I don't want to go back to North America.
I dread it.
I now realized that, I have changed.

The thought of being separated from my wife is unsustainable.
Literally.


Yesterday, i went into the city with my mother in law, Marlene.
Some oddities caught my eyes.
I would like to share them with you:

As we go along, the top of the buildings keep on getting my attention 


The last house of a soul cut the sky


And the very much alive district


With it's colours marrying the sky


And it's organized madness


It's un-matching construction

And it's people going on to their respective lives


A corner building, with a close window and an open one


It's absolutely mad power lines


It's new building, growing like mushrooms


But, still, built by men


A building tries to reach the sky


And another one stands still


I felt very overwhelmed.
I felt small and confused.
I closed my eyes, open my wings and started to fly.
I wanted to see it all from above.
I flew over the buildings.
I flew over the city.
I flew over the clouds themselves.
I flew as high as I could.
And then, I opened my eyes.
And from up there, this is what I saw:














It took all my strength to come back.
And when I finally did, I opened my eyes:




Voila, that's all for today folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
Fevereiro 11th

No comments:

Post a Comment