Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chapter 81: Winter

Yesterday, I got soaked walking in the rain.
It took me hours to get warm after that.

It is most definitely winter.
The light, the smell outside, how nippy it is, how the cold get you and stay with you.
I guess I am just adjusting.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind winter, and that's better cause my wife loves it.
But, I guess I am not use to it anymore.

The quietness of Victoria is almost odd.
The town is quiet.
The grey of the clouds lights, somehow, the streets and devours it's colours.
It's a camaieu. Mainly in grey and red greenish.
It's smells nice though.
The air seems very pure, but don't let it fool you, it ain't.
This, I know.

I feel overwhelmed by everything I have to do in so little time, so I made a list, and I am sticking to it.
More or less.
I did a fair bit today already.
I am pretty much booked until Saturday, the day Ethan and I are leaving.

I have so many things that are in constant ricochet in my head.
Brazil is obsessing me, and so is my wife.
I cannot but compare my life here and there.
It is nor good nor bad.
It just makes me realize what I want. And, of course, what I don't want.
It's hard to have it all... Sometimes...

I am at peace at Meghan's, that's very good.
I have good friends here, very good friends, and that, is admirable.
It truly is wonderful.
I feel more... less alive though, that the past six months.
I guess I feel more mellow, more Canadian would I almost say.

North America sucked my travel energy out of me in 48 hours...
I guess that has to be some kind of record, for me at least.


This morning, again, I woke up early and had coffee outside.
Again, there was a quite wonderful sunrise.
It's interesting because it's winter colours, it is not really... Bright was I going to say, but that is not the proper term.
It's a little faded, I would say, but still wonderful.
Here is the story of a morning in Victoria, during winter time:

I woke up, and the sky was like that...


And a little like that too.


It almost looked like a sunset.


The day was full of promises


I went inside the house, and the street was like illuminated.


And then...

... It turned into that.



I am smiling.
The day has been like that all day, on and off.
I guess it's not so bad.
It's winter...


Voila, that's all folks.
Have a good day, where ever you are.

Sincerely,

Serge
February 22nd

No comments:

Post a Comment