Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chapter Twelve: Meghan's Birthday and More Adventures

Life never stops, does it??!!!?!?!
I like to walk. It has not always been the case, in fact, I disliked walking for the longer time. I am, after all, from a place where no one walks anymore. You take a vehicle to go next door... :|
It's absurd...
Anyway, the other day I went for a 2.5 hours walk, and the weather was acceptable, sunny and cloudy, back and forth, and windy. I listened to a lots of music while walking, and I think - I hope - I smiled most of the time. My wife likes it when I smile. I owe her my smile at all time.
If you look around while you are doing your walk, you start to see a lots of interesting things, your flow of idea becomes different, in my case, it is story telling time, so to speak. I do have a vivid imagination...
Here are some of the cool things I saw along that walk:

Victoria is a port town. So, there is water, the ocean in that case, the Pacific one, cold and deadly, and beautiful and powerful. And, there is the boats. Choose the one you like:
Are you a cruise person who wants to go in Alaska?

Cruise Ship in Victoria Harbour


Or maybe, you'd rather be in a smaller one, like that Police Boat in the front, or maybe you have a huge ego and you want the big Aircraft Carrier that you can see in the foreground. By the way, there was some military display over the past few days, and so, tons of sailors. I am talking Marines dudes, in uniform and with all that you can expect. We are probably talking close to 10.000 here...
Let me tell you that, the ladies were happy... :)

Boats in Victoria Harbour

Walking on the beach along Dallas road, wind blowing, no one there, such a wonderful feeling. I like the ocean the best cause, it makes me feel humble. It explains a lot.
Heres the best spot of the day to rest for a little while and smile.

Lovely Spot


Further down the road, I was walking across Beacon Hill Park, once again, as Mike lives right on eh edge of it, and it is where I am staying right now. There is some artwork in the park there, there is "some" artwork here and there in Victoria, which are more or less exciting, depending, but anyway, here was a small children's water park. They kept the concept and redesigned it. It is very controversial, but what isn't in Victoria?!!?! I like the concept, it is a pretty funny idea, but I've heard that the cost of it was absolutely outrageous. I have not done any researches concerning this fact, so, i couldn't confirm or deny, but I do know few artists who find it to be one of the worst thing ever. Be the judge, if you dare:

Giant Water Can - Water Park - Beacon Hill Park


And, just to put the size in prospective, there's another one with a tree to be able to compare:

Giant Water Can - Water Park - Beacon Hill Park


And it was time to go home.

--

Presently, I am house sitting my ex wife's house, for few more days, as has is getting re-married. Now that I am writing that done, I realize how funny this sounds... :)
Things is, I have a very good relationship with my ex, being that, we have a child together, so, I let to choose your priorities, but we have chosen ours a long time ago. I have a great relationship with her new husband, and I absolutely ADORE their new baby! I love kids...
Anyway, so, they asked me to house sit their place while they are getting married and going in a super short Honey Moon. This way, I can make sure that everything's fine at the house, it allows me to enjoy having room and space for myself, and I can have both of my sons with me, which, is a challenge nowadays as I don't have my own place. So, all of that works out marvelously.
Now, the little one is quite something, his name's Ethan, and I will talk about him another time. He is almost 8 years old, and boy, he blows my mind on a regular basis!
The other one, is name is Meriadoc and he is 16 going 17. He truly is something else. I couldn't even start trying to explain who that guy is, but beside the fact that he is my son and that I love him beyond imagination, he is such a cool dude! Of course, he's a kid, so he can drive you freakin' crazy, but overall, he is brilliant. So, we were sitting around chatting, and he said, oh Dad, Tuesday is formal day at school. Formal day, hmmmmmmm... This certainly didn't happen back in the days when I was in school. Anyway, so he keeps on going and said he went to thrift sore and got himself an outfit. Then, he goes upstairs, get dressed up and showed me.
This guy he's freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!

Meriadoc on Formal Day at School


But wait, that's not all. Then he's like, oh Dad, I also made my Halloween Costume. I'm like, aren't you a little early maybe? He doesn't think so. And, omg, I laughed so much, he is so so so so awesome that kid!

Next Halloween Costume: Meriadoc as Rambo!


--

Now, it was Meghan's Birthday! How old is she? Oh, somewhere in between 20 and 60. She looks 28 though, just so you know. Anyway, one of those days I'll have to talk about Meghan, write about her, because, she really is amazing. I think that's all I am going to say here and now about it, but not only is she an inspiration, a role model and one of the most powerful woman I ever met, but she also is a friend. A real one. This is so precious to me, so precious. It took us a while to become friends, life is odd, but what is meant to happen always happen. So, anyway, It was her birthday, and we were going to celebrate on Friday night. We had to meet with her and her friend Dre (sp?) at Megh's.
First thing first, I need a present. Art will do. Not only is she quite an amazing artist, but she also collect art, so bang. It took me a while to find out the piece I wanted to get printed for her. But after much thoughts I choose the piece I called The Artist. I had never printed this piece before, so, not only does she get the piece 18X24 Signed and Numbered, but she also gets the #01. :)
Here's the original piece:

The Artist

And here is the print:

The Print & I


And the packaging:

Packaging


So, then I get dressed, well, Meghan said we gotta be dressed, but my stuff is in storage, so I do the best I can, then I go to meet Mike. We meet close to Meghan's house, we get there, meet Dre, which i had heard from for ever, but have never met, so, you know, it's kind of special, and Dre is one of Megh's best friend. We stay there for a short while, chatting. Meghan opens her presents, Mike got her a print too, so it's artwork presents time. Dre has some wicked Pink High Heel shoes to die for... :|
- I do have a shoe fetish -
Nick arrives, it is close to 7.00 pm I think, and we are heading to Tindy (sp?), who is another one of Meghan's best friend that I have never met and have heard so much about. Again, I am looking forward to meet her. We arrive at Tindy's, her and her boyfriend are lovely, I really like the decoration in her apartment, and you can immediately see that she is a powerful individual. I am fascinated by powerful women. I have always been...
Meghan looks happy. We have few drinks and appetizers, the Birthday Girl looks wonderful!

The Birthday Girl


She also had some lovely cup cakes with candles on them. :)

Meghan & The Cup Cakes


Then, it was time to go to the restaurant. Now, there was a reservation at the old Doug hotel on Douglas and Pandora. Now, that place use to be a dirty hole, let's face it, felt like a Scorsese movie set from 1973... :|
However, it got renovated few years ago, and gosh, it is freakin' awesome in there now! The Hotel Rialto feels classy, and everyone is professional but friendly. It also has a lounge called The Veneto Tapa Lounge, a restaurant really where we are heading after getting separated and lost and what's not. More friends of Meghan arrive, my good friend Faye arrives too, and there is a great ambiance.
Now, I am picky about food. I don't really like eating, even though I have been working hard on that, so hopefully, there is hope. However, the food there is absolutely OUTSTANDING! I have not eaten such quality food since the restaurant at the Sooke Harbour House. And, not only is it fine cuisine, but it also comes in surprising ways. Lovingly decorated, the food often come in three small trays, which end up being three different trips to countries your taste buds have rarely experimented! I choose scallops and Tiramisu for dessert, which came as tiny miniature desserts, so tasty, and again, it comes as a group of three. Here's the Veneto Menu, if you are interested.
The evening is going well, Faye and I share our food, she got that amazing salad, and Mike the beef. Everyone agrees that the food is excellent. it's good to see people happy. It's very good. deep in my heart, deep inside it, I am sad. I miss Silvia. I miss her so much. But tonight, happiness is King... Or Queen... :)

Faye & Meghan


Another Megan lady arrives. I had not seen her in years. It's wonderful seeing her. Last time I saw her was for her wedding, I did her photography, and she is now, few years later, looking absolutely gorgeous. One more proof I didn't need that marriage is a healthy thing. it's the choice of the partner that is the trickiest part. Anyway, we chat for quite a while, exchange emails, and hopefully, somehow, might end up working on some projects together.
The evening is getting late, and I don't really want to get home too late, cause my older son's there, and well, I am a Dad you know...
So, while I am thinking of getting ready, Meghan insist for me and Maria to go downstairs in the bathrooms and take pictures... :|
I know, it sounds disturbing at first, but it ain't what it looks like. Thing is, the hotel bathrooms downstairs are gorgeous. I love outrageously expensive bathroom. Here are few pics, go check it out. :)

Corridor Leading to the Bathroom


Framed Photography


Chinese Furniture Details


And finally, again, the Queen of the night, quite obviously here, The Birthday Girl.

Awesome Meghan


Then, we all left.
Mike and I walked for ever, as we didn't pay attention where we were going, and you know, we went way past our objective. Anyhow, along the walk, we found that very cool add for a garage sale, and we both thought it was excellent!

Garage Sale Add


It totally reminds me of The Church of Bob.
And that was all.

--

Oh, and I have not been drawing at all, but I have been talking pictures writing and walking...
I do need to draw though. This is a personal reminder... Again...
Also, yesterday was Victoria Naked Bike Ride, three of my good friends attended, Mr M, A & N.
Good for them!

Naked Victoria Bike Ride


Enjoy the sun.

Sincerely,

Serge

2 comments:

  1. re: Meri...he's growing up so fast! He's such a character that one. I hope he puts his wits and intellect to good uses. He could rule the world if he really wanted to!

    re: Artwork..the mattress art installation is far worse. so ugly and just plain idiotic. Victoria is FULL of unnecessary art! The artist that was commissioned to build the sculpture at the arena was paid $100,000 ..... Do you know how much aid that could provide to people in need!??? It's infuriating!

    re: Sailors...there were 14,000 of them. They were the reason I didn't leave my house until Friday. When they come to town, they go Port Happy and just walking downtown because this fucking nightmare. When I finally did go downtown Friday I wore tights and dressed like a freaking nun so as not to warrant behaviour that I would end up acting upon and likely get myself arrested for causing harm to a giant sailor man.

    I make no sense. I can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...
    :)

    Yea, Merry's growing all right.
    He got more matured in the past 3 years really, and a lot this year.
    So, he is pretty easy now.
    I don't think he wants to rule the world, I think he just want to goof around... He's such a BC boy, it's odd for me to witness that.
    :)

    Ah, you sound like Mike.
    Regarding artwork.
    I'll have to take pics of the mattresses.
    He feels the same with the tulips down at the harbour.
    Fair enough...
    However, I disagree.
    Last time I checked, your artwork in Victoria, as well as his was pretty poor. To not say inexistent. :D
    And, don't get me wrong, I completely understand what yo are saying, as well as what he is saying, but too easy for me to take that path.
    I think it should be the city you go after.
    If they give me $100.000 to go whatever, I'll do it.
    Who decides?
    I also think the artist should be paid the way they are here.
    The city is loaded.
    There is those assholes on this island with tones of money, insane amount of money.
    They don't help.
    They are the one who need to get their head cut off. Not the artists.
    There is a lots of things I dislike on the island, but hypocrisies is the worst, and from far. I am not saying that for you, but for the people with money who actually make the decisions.
    Do you know what I mean?

    Sailors?
    I love sailors!

    Girl, you really need to chill!
    But you do make sense.
    I think you are just lying a tad to yourself.
    :)

    And, i can't sleep either.
    Days I have not slept.
    :|

    ReplyDelete