Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chapter Six: Walking in Victoria and other stuff...

I have issues.
From time to time it is so overwhelming...
One can only try his best...

--

I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, on the west coast, close to Vancouver or Seattle, depending which direction you are looking at.
I am not a big fan of Victoria... It's complicated. but in short, I am often bored here.
It is a small city, and I guess, I have been here a little too long...
Anyway, I walk a lot. Along those walks, I sometimes see interesting stuff, Here are some for the past few days:

Life size doll of Amidala dressed as Leia
I want one!!!!!


A cool funny car
I don't want one...


A free fuss-ball table in the street


--

Today, we shot all morning, Mike and I, the last few scenes he needed for his next movie, called Peak, so far... It was super sunny, and just a glorious day. I guess it was really needed. The first part of the morning was dedicated to the few scenes he had to take inside, then we went out and walked around quite a lot. it was quite a lots of fun, and also some work. The truth is that,w e had been putting that off for way too long, and now, it feels really good.
He figures three more months of processing, and it should ready.
Here is where you can download his two previous movies The Devil's Apple & Toxic Cowboy.

Thornapple dream of the Toxic Cowboy movie poster

--

Then, we needed to eat.
So, instead of going to Pho, we decided to finally go that place called Posh, which is suppose to be Asian Fusion Cuisine. The place is quite nice but empty, the busboy ok, and the waitress cute and efficient.

Inside Posh


So, here is the deal:
For about 12 bucks, being that it is the special for lunch, you can have all you can eat Japanese Sukiaki, which is a hot pot where you cook all kind of vegetables and roots and potatoes and meat and fish, and pretty much everything you can imagine. Everything is nicely cut, and the meat, pork or beef is sliced so thin, it almost makes it interesting to me.
The food is excellent. Mike and I eat for 1 hour solid. We also drank some of their drinks, which I wouldn't attempt to describe, but was pretty good too. Those were juices with no alcohol.


The "hotpot deal"


We ate and drink for under $40 all together. And we ate like pig.
Service was excellent. We'll surely go back. It is situated on Fort St, somewhere in between Vancouver and Cook, I think... Plus, the building in itself is not too bad, for Victoria standards that is...
I am kidding... Of course.

Building on Fort St


--

Yesterday was crazy. in short, I had to go do all kind of paper for the doctor, then work and what's not and looks like I have to take 2 weeks off... Not my favorite at all.. But I am going to accept it this time and take advantage of it. I also have been feeling quite better for the past few days...
I tried to draw. I did two drawing, and it was unacceptable crap. destroyed both of them. Haven't draw yet today...
Mid afternoon, Meghan came to pick me up, and we went to pick up Faye on the opposite side of town. We then went to eat at The Flying Otter, which was actually pretty good too, even though, it is pub type of food. And the view there, on the terrace was just so wonderful. For a second, I thought I was on holidays... But half of me is always missing. Always, I have a terrible void inside me... 
I miss her so much...
By chance, my friends are exceptional, and we went back to faye and talked for a long time, then back to Mike for more talking.
I am so fortunate to have such friends... I can't even start explaining, it is not explainable...
I often wonder what have I done to have such amazing friends.

Faye few years ago when she use to be my boss


--

I write here because it is therapeutic for me. And to share with whomever is interested.
Je crois que je vais ecrire en français un peu plus bientot...

Sincerely,

Serge

No comments:

Post a Comment