Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter Eleven: Pictures and Stories

So, yesterday, I finally had my big appointment at the hospital.
It went okay I guess, I have the tendency to worry too much. They use some pretty amazing machines to monitor your heart nowadays, it is quite something. But in the end, I really dislike going there. I will have the results sometimes next week, and we'll see. Overall though, I feel quite better. That medication I was talking about a while ago "seems" to be working... I am tired to write such things...
Smile...

Waiting with the wheel chairs

Waiting at the hospital

--

I did a bunch of cool stuff in the past few days.
Mike convinced me to go in a rather long walk. Here are some of the interesting stuff that came upon our walk:

We were walking in Beacon Hill Park, and, like a lots of parks in North America, it is right in the middle of the city. Anyway, there was a baby dear there, in the grass, I would say few hours old, and I am being extremely generous. The mother wasn't there and the little thing was so cute. I had never seen such a tiny dear. Here is the prodigal fawn.

Fawn

Fawn


Then, Mike wanted to stop at that building that has some plants in the entrance, the lobby I guess, and it gives a weird feeling... Let me show you, it will make more sense:

Lobby of some building on Fort St.


Also, as you can see, part of the ceiling is made of mirror... I couldn't resist goofing around with the reflection... :|

 
Reflection 1 and 2


And, Mike...
I like that building though...

Mike


From there, we went to the CACGV Art Gallery and I would suggest to go check it out. There is some nice work, as far as my personal taste is concerned, and I would even say that some of it is inspiring. In any case, this gallery should be visited often, this is a place that needs to be supported.

Fairbank Calligraphy Society - New Work - May 23-June 2, 2010 - G6-1001 Douglas St. - Victoria, B.C. - Canada


Example of work:


Cherokee Prayer - Anne Atkinson


Letters - Alice Young




And down on Douglas St, another cool vehicle:


Sooke Blue Grass Festival Advertising Truck




And, finally, something kinda odd...

This is for an advertisment to go take a tour in a boat to go see the whales... It's very popular here. This is an Orca's jaws, Killer Whales... I am not sure that is the best way to get people to go on the tour... :|

Nice Teeth



--


Many other things happened, like, I spent sometime with Meghan, spent hours talking with Sil, spent even more time missing her, went to do a speech at the Oak Bay High School to a bunch of students regarding Art, and, I have not draw in few days...
This, needs to be modified.

Sincerely,

Serge

2 comments:

  1. I remember Beacon Hill Park well. I lived a few blocks from there. I used to take my daughter there on walks and then we would go visit the petting zoo. She wouldn't remember any of that but she loved it very much. The word art is very cool. If I were an artist, I think that might be the art I would create.

    Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Patrick, I remember your place on Dallas road.
    Probably my favorite place in Victoria.
    Gorgeous living landscape in the living room, stunning colours.
    I remember the day we worked on that Christmas card for Conny, those days are long ago...
    I don't think I understand life very well my friend...

    Yes, the word art is wonderful. I must admit I do not understand why you keep on saying you are not an artist, but, I would simply suggest you to join your local Calligraphy Society and see where it brings you.

    Hearing from you is always wonderful.
    Looking forward to hear from you is the same.

    ReplyDelete