Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Chapter 168 . New Drawing, New Tablet & Soon to Come, New Website!


So much things to say, going to explain...
- smile -

Today, it's about the new, which, I believe, is a good sign. It, among other things, means that I keep on moving in life, keep on learning, and keep on keeping myself to my toes!
All of that are very, very good news!

So, if you will, let's start.
I will open the subject officially by a new drawing, a new portrait.
This is François, my awesome brother in law, or if you prefer, the brother of my sweet wife.
François

I must admit, I personally enjoy drawing portraits that way a great deal!
It is not easy to explain. First of all, it's fairly simple, because I practise a lot for the past 19 years, and because it's inside me. The drawing comes from the inside.
Really, it's a delight to do!
I like the fact that it express, to me again, the character perfectly, and gives a kind of attitude, which, I also like a great deal!
All of that to say that, I will probably do more portraits shortly.
Stay tuned!


But, one might say, how is that even possible?!
In your previous post, you said that your tablet had issues, and you were not able to use it anymore...
Well, would I answer, that is all true!
But, I had also mentioned that I ordered a new tablet!
Well, it came in the mail yesterday...

I can resist, quite easily, to open it immediately, I enjoy waiting for a while, a way to choose the perfect moment to open my present, as, this is to me, a real present, it means so darn much!
It's my primary tool, as far as drawing is concerned!
So, after few minutes, the pressing from my wife being too heavy to handle, I open the package, and saw that lovely box:
Huion 610Pro

When this is done, there's no point to wait longer to open it.
And so, her is the tablet:
Huion 610 Pro

Lovely!
So much nicer than my "old" Wacom tablet!
Then, during the day, I tried it, and here are my findings, especially the comparisons with the Wacom:
THE PROS:

  • The tablet is way more adapted for digital drawing.
  • The quality, believe or not, is nothing comparable. it is of higher quality without an inch of a doubt!
  • The price is not comparable either! This is affordable!
  • The quality of the drawing is multiplied by 10 I'd say.
  • The accuracy as well.
  • The size, even quite smaller than the Wacom does not create any challenges, it is perfect!
  • The look makes you want to eat it!
  • The way it holds itself on the desk is a real improvement.
  • The pen is nicer to keep in hand, and way lighter, which, to me, is a big plus!
  • As for it's accuracy, it's simply not comparable. (Remember that my Wacom was years old tough).
  • The functions are real and customizable.
THE CONS:

  • This is a tough one. One could say that it is easier to draw on a larger tablet as was the Wacom, but to me, regardless of the size of the Wacom, I always ended up using a smaller space that what was possible. I guess that's just the way I draw...
  • Now, this is a tad annoying at first: Wacom allows you to choose and define your drawing area just like you want it. It's called the "tracking" of the tablet. With Huion, you simply can't do that, it's the full surface or nothing. This forces the artist to center the part is working on to the center of the screen on the computer. It annoyed me at first, but I found out, quite fast, that it is actually better to draw. It allowed me to focus better and be way faster to produce the piece.
Now, remember that this is only the first drawing I do with that new tablet, my new baby, and that I might add some thoughts regarding it's usage in a near future...
Again, stay tuned!
Last, her is how it looks all set on my desk:
Huion Tablet all Set to be Used


We're getting there.
Next step, a New Website, or should I simply say, a website!
I haven't had a website dedicated to my work in a long time! In fact, I convinced myself that I didn't need one. But again, that was just myself convincing myself.
So, after much thinking and talking with my better half, I realized that if I wanted to sell my posters, and the comic book, I would, eventually, need a proper website, with the option to buy online directly.
So, it's been 1 week I have been working on it, and it is almost ready.
I dislike that type of work.
Not that I am not good at it, I just don't get the pleasure I get while drawing. Normal one could say, but designing website and such are very similar to drawing, you create a space, the way you want it, the best way you want it. The main difference is that, there's a lots of "goofing" around, trying to adjust this and that, and, frankly, I feel too old to do that.
- smile -
But what must be done, must be done. And so I did.
The site would allow for purchase of the posters, the comic book, and, why not, hire myself to draw what you actually want, a freelance service so to speak.
It will also have a blog, which I will dedicate for my work only.
I will keep this existing one, but this one is more personal, not something where I would send my clients, even though...
Anyway, all of this said, the site should be up and running, I'd say, within a week.
Once and for all, stay tuned folks!!!!
New Website Preview
Here is a fast preview of the look I wanted to give to this new site, simple and clear!


OK, we're getting to the end of that post, there is one more thing I would like to add.
- smile -
A while ago, I had been in touch with Mr. Kyle MacLachlan, an actor I always found brilliant.
I did a poster for one of the character he played in Marvels Agent of SHIELD, Mr. Calvin Zabo aka Mister Hyde.
I contacted him, and offered a printed copy of the poster, which he gladly accepted.
Then, I got busy and it took me, frankly, quite a while to make this happen.
But, after getting the poster printed, which looked great, - smile -, I finally sent it today to the address he gave me, in California.
I truly hope he's going like it, but again, we'll see.
Myself on my way to the post office


Okay, this time it's all for today.
As I can feel the need to draw, I should be back soon, but who knows what life prepares for us.

Have a great day folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
05th August 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment