Monday, August 10, 2015

Chapter 169 . Two New Illustrations & Few More Thoughts on the New Tablet


Productive, I have been...

Is it due to a great source of inspiration, a new step in my life, a new fluidity or the new tablet acquisition?
I would say, a little of all of that.
- smile -

Fact is, I have been drawing, among other things, every day, and, as always, it pays!!!!

I'm into drawing portraits.
Just little doodles, sketches, nothing too advanced, but the point is to grab the personality of the models...
Always...

And, I am trying to represent images that I would have not done, not that long ago.
And by this, I mean represent people as they are, show a piece of life, so to speak.
I am into reality those days, therefore, I'll take a little break from super heroes, crazy images, and imagination at it's best.
Instead, as I have already stated, I want to show the reality, what truth I see in people.
And so, I do simple portraits.

Note that I have also put colouring aside, for a while that is, and went back to black and white illustrations.

So, this said, here is the first one of the two new drawings:
Amber, my little niece, with her lovely smile:
Amber

Simple, I'm trying to be simple.
An attitude, a smile that defines the model, this is what I am presently interested by!

The second illustration is of a good friend of mine, someone inspiring, my friend Christèle:
Christèle

Smooth and peaceful, the lady and her thoughts!
What else can be said?

Yes, I believe I will do more portraits, until I reach the next step, the next plateau...

One thing I would like to add, is a note regarding my new tablet, the Huion 610Pro.
Since I have acquired it, I am able to draw faster.
I guess that's normal. Still, it's impressive!
It does exactly what I ask it to do, no more, no less.
The precision of the pen is fantastic, and it allows a flow I couldn't achieve with my old Wacom.
One thing I noticed is that, the tablet is not as fluid when I use Photoshop.
But being that I use Illustrator 97% of the time, it is more than fine with me!
So, unless you are a PS fan, I would highly recommend it, and if you are a PS fan, do some researches, dig a little more and take the appropriate decision!

On a side note, another one, Website is happening and growing fast, I have few more sections to complete, get the comic printed and sell it to the world!
It's a time of change, and I embrasse it!
Change is good, especially if you feel you are going places.
And I believe I am.

So, more news to come soon, new illustrations I hope and all that sweet jazz.

To finish, just a little image from a car show we went, the wife and I, admire yesterday in Oak Bay, beautiful lines, perfection at it's best!
Car Exhibit in Oak Bay - Victoria BC

This said, I am going to wish you a good week, and we'll talk soon.

Sincerely,

Serge
August 10th 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment