Saturday, August 29, 2015

Chapter 173 . FIRE ON BABYLON! - New Hessfog PI Illustration


And we're going a little further...
It's a reference to the previous post, where we've seen an illustration of Hessfog PI in Turkey, at the beginning of the 90's.

From there, he moved to Morocco, Casablanca to be precise.
That's the beginning of what he calls "The Dark Years", an unfortunate epoch when nothing worked according to plan for our beloved private investigator.
This is a part of his life he only now starts to talk about.
This is what I still call "The Mysterious Years"...
- smile -

However, a couple of weeks ago, he sent me a thick folder relating what happened in the early 90's, when he lived in Morocco.
It was titled "Fire On Babylon", and described the events that occurred while he fought a powerful weapons trafficking organization, with more or less success.
There was a lots of official documents within the folder, which made figuring out what actually happened quite challenging.
Anyhow, usually, when he gives me material like that, I select a scene that I want to draw, that inspires me, and I draw it...
In that case, there is a rather long pursuit in between Hessfog and a deadly thug, a mercenary in fact, which seems out of a James Bond movie.
I saw the image when I read the report, so I couldn't resist, I had to draw it!
And so, here it is:
Fire On Babylon! - Hessfog PI - Adventures in Morocco

With this one, illustration that is, I really wanted to give a feel of what the Belgium illustrators from the end of the 20th century were trying to achieve. It's like a film noir scene, very cinematographically, like a shot from a movie.
I like the result a fair bit. I think I like drawing vehicles, depending which one I am drawing, but there, it was a blast!

A story in being written to accommodate the illustration, and it will be ready when it'll be ready, but it shouldn't take to long.

Until then, have a nice week end, and have fun!

Sincerely,

Serge
29th August 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment