Thursday, July 30, 2015

Chapter 167 . An Evening in a Life


It's hot...

The fan is working almost 24/7, and it's hot the same...
Most people think that it's always cold in Canada, but it ain't. In fact, it's bloody hot in the summer, except here, close to the ocean, continental weather, which allows the islander to have a warm but not heat wave type of summer.
But, once every few years, it's hot...
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a bit. I come from a place where it's scorching hot, so, summer for me has to be hot to be a real summer.
I'm certainly not complaining, but barely stating the facts.
-smile-

Nevertheless, it's hot...

My fiancé is playing some music which is supposed to keep us cool...
She's in full activity mood, organizing her workshop, discovering forgotten old friends...
And I'm sweating...

The good news is, it should be cooler in the evening, as soon as the sun sets, the breeze and humidity from the Ocean bringing down the temperature to a more enjoyable level.
It's the perfect time to do anything you have to do outside.
In our case, it goes from getting grocery to having our daily evening walk.
One day we go to see the ocean in Oak Bay, another one we climb the Fairfield Bluff to admire the sunset. Another one, we go to Dallas road, and chill while the light fades...
Yesterday, we went to The Bluff.

We arrived, this time, quite before the sun disappeared behind the hills.
The light was gold, the heat not too bad.
Steph Climbing Up the Bluff - Fairfield - Victoria BC

The sky as blue as it could, not a cloud in sight.
Victoria BC

The horizon was bathed in a sort of peachy/pink colour, with the blue of the sky and the reflection of the ocean, once again, it was magical!
I had never seen the mountains from the States that clearly, you could spot details, little houses, life...
And the majestic mountains, immuables, they seemed eternals...

On the opposite side, the Sun:
Sunset - Victoria BC

The lines of the hills, clear and blurry, waited like they had done so many times before.

We sat.
Let the last warmth of the day paint our bodies red and gold.
Listened to the sound of the city, right below.

Slowly at first, the colours started to change:
Victoria - BC

A white almost full moon showed up, the contrast in between the land and the ocean, and those purples who started to appear.
We became very relax, I felt like being part of it all.
We smiled.
Stephanie

The Sun, on it's last legs, was still giving as much heat and light that he could, but the gold was becoming older with every minute passing by.
Us - Victoria BC

The colours kept on changing.
Sunset - Victoria BC

The contrasts increased.
Sunset - Victoria BC

The different levels of mountains, each of them with a very specific shade of blue or purple, changing every second now, we're getting close to the last light of the day...

I got up and stranded on the tip of the Bluff.
Around me, pure beauty was in action.
I marvelled to the simplicity of it, with an incomprehensible complexity...
I thought one had to be crazy to even attempt to reproduce what I could see.
Then, I looked at my fiancé and smiled again:
Stephanie - Victoria BC

She looked at me and got up.
We looked around one last time.
Sunset - Victoria BC

The sun disappeared, and the humidity kicked in almost immediately.
Even without the help of the direct sun, the sky will continue to have some astonishing colours for quite a while.
We climbed down, and started to walk home.
Played in the kids park, looked and commented on people's garden, talked philosophy a little, and enjoyed the breeze.

Right before our arrival, the sky had turned dark blue and yellow and pink, and purple.
I stopped, wondering how this could be possible, then remembered that I never understood this kind of things.
Sunset - Victoria BC

Finally, we arrived home, it was starting to get cool.
Inside, it was 33 degrees celsius.

Serge
30th of June 2015

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pics - I have been working on a blog myself at http://blankcertificates.net/

    ReplyDelete