Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chapter 166 . Skies & Water in the City I Live In


Where is the inspiration coming from?
...

Is it our surrounding?
All of it?

Without a doubt, the answer is:
-" The surrounding is part of it."

I find myself, more and more inspired by my surrounding, physical and metaphysical.
The place I live in has a "powerful nature", and by this, I mean the nature has an amazing power towards all and everything.
It is omnipresent, it is everywhere, from the little flowers by the side of the road, to the great and immuable ocean.

Yes, that's it, skies and water!
I live on an island.
Water surrounds us all.
It's not easy to leave, nor to come.
It's an island.

The good part of it, one of them at least, is that we get to see a lots of water, especially that I live in a port, at the edge of the southern part of Vancouver Island.

The summer creates amazing colours in the sky when the sun rush to disappear, and the ocean, its water, makes marvels at reflecting those skies and colours.

Maybe inspiration comes from there, in a great deal, maybe...

Here's a sunset from The Bluff on Fairfield, some kind of hidden place, not a popular one yet.
No water here, but the sky, the city and my wife facing the sun:
From The Fairfield Bluff - Victoria BC

Then, we go to the opposite direction, where the sun sets in our back, Haynes Park in Oak Bay:
Haynes Park - Oak Bay - Victoria BC

The calm of those images is real, it exists.
And that is the real beauty of this place, and, like many other places, the place makes the people, the moods...

Yes, we have to be honest and recognize it, some of us are indeed lucky...
Yes, we are lucky to have made the decisions we have made.

Have a great day folks,

Sincerely,

Serge Foglio
July 29th 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment