Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chapter 101: A First Colab With My Wife, Along The Gorge, An Old Comet, A Glimpse of a New Drawing, Some Cool Stuff & A Dead Lady

I don't know if you remember, but a while ago I did a little drawing of Corto Maltese walking the night of Hamilton.
It was a clin d'oeil for my friend Mike, who spent years of his life in dreadful Hamilton, as per Mike himself, and, who is today moving back east, to the glorious city of Montreal...
Saying that I am going to miss him is an understatement.
The emptiness he will leave in my life will simply never been filled again.
But such is life, isn't it?!!!

Back to our subject, here is a link of the Corto Maltese drawing I did:
Corto's Drawing

Now, I as previously said, when I drew that, my ever so talented wife Silvia asked me to give it to her, and that she was going to colour it, just to see how it looks, and, also, because it was a fun thing to do.
Now, keep in mind that Silvia is very talented.
And, here is the fantastic result:

Corto in Hamilton Revisited

I love the details, the building in the top right corner, the green curtains in the Capri Pizza window's, Corto's costume and all the hidden details, like her double signature and the secret lodge's sign...
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did, and yes, this is most definitely something we need to keep on doing...



On a somehow similar subject, I have still been working on my drawing, adding characters as they come, being challenged by unexpected challenges, like sometime, a complex character can take a day of work, while dome other time, a way simpler character can take up to a week to be completed.
The odds of art are still confusing me a tad from time to time.
Anyway, I drew, along the last week or so, my darkest character to date, The Batman.
Here is a glimpse of the drawing:

The Batman

My favourite part is without a doubt the cape.




OK, and now for something completely different!
So, I started to bike to go to work instead of walking.
At first, I just wanted to see if I could actually really save some time.
So, it takes me 35/40 minutes to walk to work, and about the same to come back.
With my friend Mike's bike, it take 10/15 minutes.
The deal was instant!
Not only do I save time, and therefore I can sleep a tad longer, but also, as the weather is still kind of nice, even though cooler, I get to bike on the Galloping Goose Trail, a bike trail, to get back home. It goes along the Gorge, a series of small lakes, and definitely helps clean up the feeling of work that, like everyone, I carry for a while...
So, few days ago, as I was leaving work, I saw a Comet.
And was she ever lovely!











Then, I jumped on the bike and started to ride along the water.
Soon, I came upon a sculpture I already talked about once or twice, piles of cars stucked together on a barge, ready to get shipped to Vancouver I assume.
Here is a clearer view:

The Last Resting Place


And hoop, back on the bike.
I pass the kayak club, then get on the bridge.
There, few boats are anchored, it is still early in the morning, so it is awesomely quiet.
At this moment, Victoria is a fantastic city:

The Gorge


Quietness of the Morning


Mixed with few sailing boats, there was that... Kind of boat house in the middle of a cove, a perfect place to rest and write as far as I am concerned.
Let's have a look:

The Floating House


The Front


The Back


Absolutely lovely...

And, right before getting on with the other part of the ride, the entrance in the city, three small boats, barques as we call them in french, lovely and so impressionistic, it is almost funny:

Barques & Petit Bateau




Oh, something I wanted to show earlier, but I completely forgot, a gorgeous illustration of the Batman that I found on the web.
Definitely worth stopping by for a while!

The Batman




OK, we are most definitely getting to the end of that one, two more interesting pictures, and something else:

Surfin'


The Most Famous One




Voila, that's all for today folks, with the exception of a missed voice that cannot be replaced...

Amy


Sincerely,

Serge
September the 7th 2011

4 comments:

  1. <3
    I want to have a little house like that for us :)

    And I need to paint more drawings from you! I'm gonna go steal something to do :P

    :*
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. the collaboration = beautiful!
    biking is the most wonderful thing.. as of one week from tomorrow I will be biking every day, by necessity! let us hope the beautiful weather holds..

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too love.
    me too.... :)
    That would be SOoooooooo perfect for us
    I love you Silvia
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi New Boss! :D

    Biking is life chugging.
    it is hard to explain, but easy to understand.

    When are you starting your new shift?

    ReplyDelete