Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chapter 103: A Miniature World Trip . Part1

You couldn't possibly say that, Victoria is a museum city.
That wouldn't be something I would agree with.
But, in the midst of the banal, I must admit that there is two places, museum as they kind of call themselves,  that I deeply and simply love.

The first one is the BC Museum, which I might talk about sometimes in the future.

The second one is Miniature World.
Last week, Silvia, Ethan and myself went there.
I love going there as I already said.
It's like a crazy trip into time and space, most of the time, admirably done.
Over the next few weeks, I will post some of the pictures that i took there.
It's kind of my vision of the place taken with my phone, so please, bare with the somehow poor quality of the shots.
Also, before we start, I would like to say that some of the pics re being shown before they are pleasant and interesting for the eyes, while some other, even though of poor quality, are funnily worth watching.

And this said, let's start:

North of France
I will start in France.
I have to say that we will go from place to place
without an paying too much attention of themes or logic.
But instead, we will just follow the flow, like  a bird following the wind.
So, this is France, somewhere in the north, during the middle age I believe.

North vs. South
Then, we jump right in the middle of the civil war in the US, flags and all.
Even though, somehow simplistic, the scene has something that play for itself.

The Great Canadian Pacific
And here we are, on the west coast of Canada, back in the days.
I absolutely love the water, the effects it gives, you almost get the smell of it.
And of course, the wagons, with their already well done advertising.

Blackwell's Boatshed
A little further, another business, men being busy working,
and those wonderful letter wonderfully drew on the back of the employe...

Tunnel
And we jump on the train, and start heading towards the East.
Real miniature train go along the trip,
and the Rockies are approaching at great speed.

In The Rockies
We are blessed enough to even admire some of
the Canadian wild life. Here, a family of deers look at us as
we are passing by with the train.

Abandoned House in Alberta
Et voila...
We are on the other side of the majestic chain of mountain we here call The Rockies.
And, facing us, are now the Great Plains. Alberta welcomes us with an abandoned
little house on the side of the train track.

The Prairies
We keep on going east, and we cross the Prairies.
The colours are a reminder of the impressionists inspiration, and so are 
the themes. On a side note, it is amazing in that pic, how, a grossly painted
cloud can work so well to give that ambiance of rain coming, or, passing
by in the horizon.

Blue Prairie House
And we are going to end that trip for today,
sitting on the porch on that elegant blue house,
sipping tea and eating coffee cake.
Next, we'll hit the city.




Before I sign and end this post, I would just like to mention two more things.
First, a double look at modern body art.
Why?
Because I think it is very interesting:

A german street artist is observed while performing at the Alhondiga-Centre on the first day of the
Aste-Nagusi in Bilbao. I must say that, whatever it is, I'm IN!

This Chinese Artist named Liu Bolin is becoming a master in the art of invisibility.
He is trying to represent the individual in the chinese society.
Ouch...

And, this is no art, but still, somehow, this is the crap an interpretation that is floating around the planet, 
millions of debris made by hominoid space missions. Hmmmm... Looks like Marseille.




Voila, that's all folks.
Don't forget the dead lady.

Amy

Sincerely,

Serge
September 13th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment