Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chapter Ninety Two: From Night to Day, Night Stores, Jailed Cars, Marvelling at Marvel, Load of Pictures & Été de Merde

OK, let's get it out of the way immediately.
The weather sucks.
Maybe it is just me, but where the heck is the summer?Maybe it is still just me, and I surely should be pleased with sun rays once in a while, but absurdly, I expected more.

This said, the sun does shine once in a while.
On one of those days, in Victoria Harbour's, the Statue Girl performs. And, she, actually, is not a statue:
The Statue Girl


So, I find myself talking about pretty much the same thing over and over.
My trips to work.
And it is kinda getting boring. For me at least.
So, and that is because I have nothing else I would really like to talk about, let's do it in a story form this time. Let's start from when I leave the house, until I get to work.

It is barely 4.00 am, and I leave our apartment.
Sil is awake and is going to go to bed soon, while the kids are asleep.
Outside, it is as dead as the day after the final apocalypse.
Simcoe St


I walk down Menzies, and arrive to the harbour.
It still is quiet.
Victoria's Harbour


From there, I cross the harbour, and start to walk up Government.
the only souls I have seen so far are the cab drivers, trying to find a spot to hide, and one or two homeless people pushing their cart.
I keep on walking. By now, I am awake.

An idea come to mind:
Why not take pictures of the stores I encounter along the way to work?
Treat them as individuals, as I have develop a special relationship with every one of them,.
It is interesting as habits appears in different shapes and forms.
Often surprising.

The first store is a souvenirs store.
Souvenirs Store

It is hilarious the thing you can find in there!

Oh, almost 4.15, I'm on time.
4.15 am


Next, comes the punkish style clothing store:
Ruined


And then, Bards & Bankers.
Bards & Bankers




I keep on going.
In front of the Seven Eleven, a bunch of security guards are laughing and commenting on their night.
A little further, the Smoke Shop.
Smoke Shop

I am absolutely in love with the kind of face statue of the man smoking, the buste I guess I should say...

A piano, put on display, at the entrance of a hotel, waves at me.
Sometimes, on Sunday morning, young folks staying at the hotel find themselves talking in front of the piano, creating some kind of possible future.
The piano stands still.
Piano in Display


And the walk continues.
I pass by the Hat Store, meaning I am getting closer to Chinatown.
Hat Store


A tad further, illuminating the sidewalk, the kids's store.
Kids's Store


By then, I might have passed by a couple of people, and someone may have asked me for a cigarette.

The Tea Store announce the proximity of Chinatown.
Tea Store

The light coming out of it is dreamy.
I look at it without stoping, I am in Chinatown.
Chinatown


Up, the sun is slowly starting to rise.
Chinatown


I keep on going down towards work.

Next on the left is the Tattoo Shop.
Tattoo Shop


Then, the large and expensive Furniture Store.
Large & Expensive Furniture Store


Followed close by the Hair Dresser.
Hair Dresser Store


And, at last, the Design Store.
Design Store


From time to time, it is around that are, that I start to see the ladies of the night.
The day I took that picture, I had notice a girl dressed in white, not really attractive or sexy from where i was standing. She was sanding on the other side of the boulevard, and I barely paid attention.
While I was taking the picture, she crossed the street and walked towards me.
She was a hooker.
She said:
- Hey, do you want to take me?
Referring, I assume, to the fact that I was taking a picture.
But it was an absurd and humorous situation.
I smiled, said no, thanked her and kept on walking.

I climbed the darn boulevard, passed the gas station and fully entered the prostitute district, and believe me, it ain't the Red District. But this day, you couldn't spot any business around. Maybe it was too late, or it was just one of these days.
On the other hand, someone had invited itself, and for once, it was a welcome encounter.
The two pictures following are pretty terrible, and embarrassing somehow for the poorness of their quality. But eh first one shows the hooker district with our unexpected character in a very blurry form, while the second shows it in a tad less blurry form.
Squeeze your eyes people.
The Hooker District

An Unexpected Encounter


And here I am, at work.
Going to the kitchen to get some coffee right before starting, I noticed than the sun was finally up.
Sky, Tree & Light Reflection


Later on during the day, I took two more pictures of the view I have from work.
If you pay attention to it, it is, in fact, quite uncanny.
View from Work: The Gorge

Other View from Work: Still the Gorge



And this will finish our walk story.
We hope to see you all soon at the same time and same place form more thrilling adventures of the early morning.
Have a good night!


So, it has become an habit, and we are sadly getting close to the end of teh series, but here is our cool pictures from cool movies section.
The first one is Mr. Stanley Kubrick talking to Mr. Peter Sellers, on how to perfectly act Doctor Strangelove.
Stanley Kubrick & Peter Sellers



And now, for something completely different!
Do you remember how I said that we were not going to look at any Spiderman comic books cover for a while and that instead, we were going to look at some Fantastic Four?
Well, I was lying...
Here are some more great Spidey covers for you and I to enjoy.
This is gorgeous, the blue of the water is just fascinating! The entire composition is brilliant!
A must:
The Final Chapter


And a great arch enemy, The Vulture:
Wings in the Night
I always loved that Spidey's projector thing...

And the birth of the Gibbon, with spiderman who gets thrown out of another building.
Don't they know that he doesn't mind?
The Birth of the Gibbon


And, as a special present today, a cover of The Punisher, and a good one!
The Punisher 2099
Still kicking in 2099...

And, present number two, a gorgeous illustration of an uncanny Iron man.
This one is really something else. Clever and well executed, inspiring and agreeable.
A job well done!
Iron Man in The Punisher
The funniest thing is the fact that it is actually a Punisher comic book...
Ah, the Marvel Universe...


Talking about series, there is also the AT&T Advertisement  series we've been looking at.
Here are three more, world traveling with AT&T good advertisement campaign:
Norway

United Kingdom

Japan
Pretty clever campaign...


And, just for fun and cause I can, I want to start another series on the side, so to speak...
(NDLT:  Should I say "so to speak" or "so to write"?)
This one is about jailed vehicles.
Here and there, I notice some vehicles have been put in jail.
When I'll encounter some, I will document the loneliness or angriness of those half forgotten vehicles.
Today, we start with two shots, the two vehicles in the first pictures, one destroyed, the other waiting to be rehabilitated, and the second shot with an old van forgotten and rusting to powder.
Two Jailed Cars on Rock Bay Avenue

Forgotten Van



And, back to our original series, the making of the Muppets.
The Unknown Legs



Ok, that's almost all for today folks, and I think that's pretty good.
That is an insane amount of pictures for a single post people!
But let's add two more.

A simple boat we saw in the harbour a week or so ago:
Boat in Victoria Harbour


And, because I like it that way, I would like to finish the same way I started, with the Statue Lady, who, by the way, is still not a statue.
The Statue Lady Shooting



Voila, that's all folks.
I want to add that, i am doing OK, I am just busy, still adapting to my life in Vic, and that i will get in touch with absolutely everyone soon enough.
Love you all people...
Well, at least the one I love.

Sincerely,

Serge
July 13th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment