Monday, July 25, 2011

Chapter Ninety Five: Cars, Calvin & Hobbes and Other Stuff...

Well well well...
I do not write as much as I wish, but at least, I do write.

Ok, so, loads of pictures again on that post, so might as well start right away.

Cars.
Let's talk a tad about cars if you will.
One thing I am very fortunate about, among other things, is that, in North America, you get the chance to see some wickedly beautiful cars. And, also some less beautiful ones.
However, here's some of the specimen I've seen recently.

Right after dropping Ethan to his karate class, I saw this beauty and stopped... For a second or two...

Red Truck

And gorgeous wheels:
Silver & red

Bubye car...
Red Truck II

Note the amazing curves.. Not aero dynamic, but gosh, so darn beautiful...


Now, leaving work after a hard day of work, parked there, this baby:
296 LAK


296 LAK II

I'd like to try that car, that's for freakin' sure!


Now, we are still developing the same subject, however, even though it is still about the cars, it's almost like saying: " Where are the cars?"
This is very close to work, on the Gorge. A massive dump is standing there, and all day long, cranes carry massive amount of metal and crush them when they can.
Here, they stuck the metal on a barge to chip it out somewhere, I would guess the Mainland.
Where is the car?

Beside the nicety of the day,if you pay a little bit of attention, you can see crushed cars stuck on the barge, like dominos.
Maybe it will be clearer here:
Cars & Barge
Well, maybe not...


And now, the best of all.
Few years ago, I drew a piece where one of the elements was a burned car.
Here is the drawing:
Burned Car I


The other night, I was walking to work, and, right there, by a gas station, was this burned car:
Burned Car II

I was stunned. My drawing was in front of my eyes.
Somehow, it was a good encounter.
And, this will be all for the cars section.



Ok, what is the next subject?
Oh, yea, our Spiderman Covers series.
Nothing else to say but enjoy!

Spiderman & The Shocker

Spiderman & Moon Knight

The Web of Spiderman Series

Et voila.



While we are talking comics, and even though I don't really want to extend on the subject, for now at least, but I have been drawing.
It's gone take a while to show you the final piece, but, it's inspired by what I am showing you nowadays.
Along my process of creating, I had to pay special attention to Calvin & Hobbes.
Now, I don't need to introduce this 6 years old boy and his tiger. This is certainly one of the best comic strip ever created.
And, some interesting minds have made their own version of Calvin and Co.
Here are some of my favourite examples:

10 Years later

The Hairdos

Shaggy & Scooby Style

Laughing


C&H Revisited

Real Friendship Never Dies

And my personal favourite:

15 Years Later

I can't but smile.



Wow, we're almost done!
Amazing how time flies when you are in excellent company!

Ok, our regular AT&T advertisement campaign:

China

Egypt

Costa Rica




And least and last, even though we are nearing the end of this series, the cool images of cool movies.
Today The WereWolf & the original KingKong:

The Werewolf

King Kong




Voila.
That's all folks.
For now at least.
To come soon, if everything goes according to plan, an article I wrote few years ago about a JJ Cale show that I saw and was never published.
But that's another story, and that's for later.

Sincerely,

Serge
25th of July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment