Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chapter Ninety One: What I Like The Best About Victoria...

... Is the fact that, you can be close to downtown, and still, find yourself in the middle of a field, surrounded by tall herbs and wild flowers.
This, simply, is lovely and unique.

And the proximity of nature makes everyone happy, exceptionally the little one, like my son Ethan:

Ethan


So, yesterday we went to the kids park in James Bay, the one by the school, and the colours and the soft wind, and the sun still shining, everything was perfect. It made me fell good.

Canadian School Backyard


Trees, Sky & Sun


Ethan Running ast the Park



Then, today, I had to go from James Bay to Cook St Village, so, for the victorians, I just had to go across Beacon Hill Park.
As I walked across the baseball field, the warmth of the season took me.
I smiled.
I then walked through a small forest with one or two open field...
Just perfect.
I smiled again.

Road within Beacon Hill Park

The smell of the fresh cut grass...


Beacon Hill Park


Now, there is a patch of grass, close to our place, where cars have chosen to park.
So, let's observe, once in a while, what type of car parks there.
We start with that one:

What is that one?
A kind of a small New Yorker? I don't know, I know nothing about cars, but I like the patch of grass.


Now, back to our series of pretty cool movie pictures.
Mr Nicholson in my favorite Kubrick, The Shining.
Who really is the subject of the picture though?

Blurry Jack Nicholson


And followed close by Christopher Reeves, the original Superman.

Christopher Reeves as Superman

More to come soon, but we are now getting close to the end of this series...



Another series we still have a long way to go, is the AT&T advertisement series.
Today, three more countries:

India


The Bahamas


The Netherlands

Hmmmm...
God, do I ever like those adds...



Bon, and now, to finish en beauté, some comics treats.
So, we are done with Spiderman for a while, so let's go have a look at the Fantastic Four now.
And, let's start by going quite in the past and see how it looked like on the Episode 25 of the series.
First of, the cover:

The Battle of the Century

I just love the big splashy titles, just wonderful!

Then, we go directly to the first page, one of the must in those of style comics:

The Hulk vs The Thing

Absolutely love Jack Kirby's work...
Absolutely love it.

And, to finish with a smile, an advertisement out of that comic, straight from Episode 25.
Enjoy, cause that's incredible!
Yes, I am smiling again:

Advertisement


Voila, that's all for now folks.
Have a good one.

Sincerely,

Serge
6th of July 2011

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog :) and the way you see life.
    Yep, that's one of the reasons I love you, the way you see life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,
    You make me see life that way.

    I adore you darling.
    <3

    ReplyDelete