Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chapter Ninety: Mainly Pictures...

So, when I mentioned summer in the previous post, of course, I was being sarcastic...
However, it might be coming, after all...

Okay, so, let's go through the last few days in pictures if you will.
Again, I would like to add that all those pics are being taken from my phone, which has a poor camera, and  that it is often taken at night, which makes the poor camera even poorer...
It makes me miss using my regular camera, but frankly, I simply don't picture myself with my nikon in  the middle of the night taking pictures on my way to work... Sorry guys.
So, this said, let's go back in time  a tad:

Canada Day

So, of course, few days ago, on the 1st of july, was Canada Day.
Lots of people in the streets.
Here is my vision coming back from work...


Canada Day

And, the Parliament, on the very same Canada Day.
Nothing to talk about, really, except for the fact that there is a deep difference in between being patriotic and being proud of your country. Quite amazingly, Canadians are part of the second group.


Door & Lights

Saturday morning, 3.45 am, I get out of bed, get ready and leave for work.
The streets are quiet. Along the way, few doors and lights call for my attention.

Lights in Entrance


Brick Wall


Yesterday was Canada Day, as I already mentioned many times, in the harbour, the memories of a close past can still be tasted.

Memories


Lighted Parliament


The Sea Garden & the Lighted Bridge


And I climb up Government St, and I end up in Chinatown.

Building in Chinatown


That night, Close to that building, a lady of the morning was standing at a street corner.
Few seconds later, I heard her yell something similar to:
- Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, stop!!!!!!!

I knew it wasn't addressed to me, and kept on walking.
A taxi stopped abruptly on the other side of the street.
Another lady of the morning climbed out of the cab, long and thin, everything but attractive, sorry to say, and start to yell to the first lady, who is now running down the street to meet her co worker.
The second lady yells:
- What would you do if I wasn't here to find you?????
Laughs
- You fucking bitch!
And that was it!

Time passes by...

It is now 1.30 am, time to leave work.
Outside, it feels like the no man's land:

No Man's Land

Across the St, on that Saturday afternoon, two cars rest in peace:


And, I finally surprise myself admiring a building that should have been set somewhere back east:
Building on Fort St


Sunday morning.
4.45 am.
I will start working at 6.00 am.
Outside, there is more light, as, obviously, it is later dear reader.
The harbour wears it's real canadians colours:


Victoria Harbour



And now, we are Sunday morning...
So, the city is dead.
And when I say dead, I mean dead:

Down from Chinatown



Up from Chinatown


Chinatown


Sunday is one of those days...
Always been and will always be...



Ah, Monday morning!
Monday's my Friday!

3.45 am, I get out of bed, once again, and go on my crazy trip.
James Bay


The morning is beautiful in James Bay, the colours are stunning:
In the Back of the Parliament



And I walked.
And the day went by.
With a smile, I share the view I have from work, later during the day:

From Work

With envy, I wished I had my Nikon camera to share certain details we cannot enjoy here.
I smile.
I like Fridays.

And, before I know it, I get to go home.

And, it blows my mind to think that, 12.000 km away from my homeland, i come face to face to Les Ciments Lafarge... Depressing...

Les Ciments Lafarge


But, at last, Chinatown is alive, and it's colours bring back my smile.

Chinatown


... And life goes on...


I should create.
I start to have few ideas, but almost no will.
It is the oddest feeling I ever had...

I should play music.
I have few ideas of songs I want to record, but very little will.
And I don't really mind.

Some things never change...
By chance, some things do change...
Thank you Morpheus.


And now, few more eyes candy before I go!
First off, Hitchcock and it's Birds...

Alfred Hitchcock & Tippi Hedren


Then, Mr Hackman in The French Connection:

Gene Hackman


And finally, something interesting from The Godfather, the trajectory of the bullet for that specific scene!




And, yea, AT&T is a nasty corporation, pretty much nothing I would ever stand for, but they have that campaign going on, definitely worth checking out!
I will show few pieces in every post for a little while.
It's all about places and hands.
Do not support AT&T.

Brazil


Mexico


South Africa


Very cool idea, I think, and nearly perfect realization.


And, last and not least, our regular Marvel comic book cover, this one is the last one of a series, Mysterio, Peter Parker and JJ Jameson:



I love the colours, it is freakin' magical.
How the heck could they obtain such a nice balance with so few and simple colours?
Oh, I ain't going down that road, not today!

Have yourself a nice one!
That's all folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
5th of July 2011

2 comments:

  1. Hi Serge! Hope you're doing well. Give me an email soon, maybe we can hang out?

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron,
    it was simply exceptional hanging out with you!

    This is something we must do on a regular basis.

    Love you man!

    s

    ReplyDelete