Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chapter 153 . New Illustration - The Slug


Good day Folks,
I hope you are all being productive and feeling good about it.
- smile -

I worked on The Night of the Sasquatch again, which, by the way, is a "clin d'oeil" to the old 60's TV show, The Wild Wild West, with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin.
Ross Martin & Robert Conrad in The Wild Wild West


Anyway, I did some writing for the story, and found myself to the point where I had to draw again.
This time, it was a major character in the story.
A young man from Langford, if I was bold enough I would say, the suburb of Victoria, and, not the prettiest, at least when the story was happening.
This young lad is a crook, from a rather modest family to be easy on them, who already has spend a fair amount of time in jail and juvenile institutions before.
The trick with those kind of illustration is to define the character in one image.
And, nowadays, I try to put as less details as possible, unless I want to emphasize a specific spot.

My friend Marcus offered to be my model, a brave move as, The Slug ain't a nice guy, and he ain't too brilliant either!
I drew him in one sitting, the details took more time, but all in all, this piece flew quite easily.
Practice.
I've been drawing a fair bit, there isn't any secret.

So, here is the illustration:
The Slug

To me, he looks pretty scary, a dude you wouldn't want to mess with.
But to my Lovey, it is sad. She says you can feel the pain from the guy.
I thought that was pretty cool too!


Next, this is how it looks in the final product:
Detail of The Night of the Sasquatch

And now, more writing to do, I think that the next illustration I will have to work on will be a map of the Sooke Potholes, which is kinda fun, different at least, and I have already started working a tad on it. It might take a while...
I think I'll work based on that map:
The Sooke Potholes - Map

And also, I have something a bit fun that I might, or might not do.
More to come later.

Voila, that's all for today Peeps,
Have a good one!

Cheers

Serge
26th February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment