Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chapter 152 . The Night of the Sasquatch - Update 2


And so, guess what I am working on?
I like, when I am able to, work on what inspires me.
Sometimes, you set your own deadline for a project, and it needs to be done.
But, some other times, you just allow yourself to create, as you feel so to speak.
In those situation, I must admit that I prefer to have a kind of framework, a project where I give myself a certain amount of freedom.

That is what I am doing with The Night of the Sasquatch.
Let me shortly re-explain how this story will look like.
So far, this is the plan:
The story is told via the notebook of the Private Investigator, AC Hessfog.
He narrates the story the way he experienced it. Therefore, there is a lots of funny situation and details that wouldn't figure in a novel. Or at least, that's my thoughts.
The notebook will be made of about 30 pages, and will be mostly text with few illustrations.
On top of the notebook, there will be few illustration son a more appropriate format, the purpose being to be able to frame them if one would have such a wish.
Last, there will be a poster also included, most probably 24X18 or something to that extend.

In exclusivity, let me show you few pages, just so you have a more precise idea of what I am trying to tell. The images will probably go through a final adjustment, and the text has not been edited, so it is filled with spelling and grammatical mistakes. This, will be dealt with in time.
To simplify as much as possible, and even though I already said it, the story is about multiple Sasquatch sighting in the Sooke Hills. Our Investigator is hired by a Times Colonist Journalist, Joanna Steinfield, to investigate. The story is situated in 2007.
This said, here are few pages as promised.
Page 1

Page 3


Page 7

Every set of double pages will be printed on 8.5X11 in full colour.
The price has not been set yet...

As you can see on the page 7, I had to draw a car to illustrate part of the story, here is a bigger image of that Toyota:
Detail of page 7

As I was telling my sweet heart yesterday, I find cars and machines in general difficult to draw. In fact, quite more challenging than people.
But this one flew like a salmon to the ocean. I have to say that, I have been drawing a fair bit recently, and so, practice is paying.
There's no secrets...

Voila,
I got more writing and drawings to do, and a lots of other things, in this beautiful Tuesday, where the sun shines on you, and us.
Cheers Peeps.

Sincerely,

Serge
24th February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment