Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chapter 145 . Illustrations, Advertisement, Pictures & My Perfect Woman...


First and foremost,
Ok, ok, I am quite beyond as far as staying in touch is concerned, so, I promise to get top all those messages shortly, and get back into communicating in a most appropriate way.
I have reasons, but then and again, who doesn't?
And it's no excuses.
So, I stand corrected, he he he, and some answers, you'll get soon!

This said, I've been drawing, doing illustrations, advertisements, and some pictures.
Let's have a look at it, if you will:

I'd like to start with the new business card I designed yesterday.
In fact, I like it quite a lot.
There is some adjustments to do, but all in all, I am pretty satisfied, don't you think so?
New Business card

Also, another advertisement, but this time for the writers, for the SookeCoop.com, was needed for the Editor.
Done:
Advertisement for the SookeScoop.com

Regarding illustrations, well, even though advertisement is made of illustrations, I don't consider them the same, at all in fact.
To me, one is linked to production, while the other, I try my best to let it stay away from production as much as I can.
It's the real thing.
It's what I enjoy the best.
So, regarding illustrations, comic must be completed shortly, The case of the Chinese Cemetery that is, only a couple of illustrations left, then production and sales time!
Keep yourself logged, more news very soon.
A side note to say that the comic will be published in the SookeScoop.com under the shape of a comic strip, just like in the old days when I stole my dad's newspaper to read the Superman comic-strip.
Superman 1941

When this will be done, I will work full blow on The Night of the Sasquatch, a different story set in 2007 in the Sooke-Langford area.
It will be more like a book with illustrations than a comic book per say, but it should rock.

As I already stated in a previous post, I also did an poster advertisement for The Case of the Chinese Cemetery, a series of portraits from the main characters in the comic.
One of them was Norma, the Russian girlfriend of the main character. I had to draw a little image for her, all the shots from the comic were not satisfying enough.
Here she is:
Norma

- Pause - 

Few hours later...
Photography...
Picture, photo, snapshot, shot, image, likeness, print, slide, transparency, still, enlargement, snap; informal mug shot, head shot.
This is the definition for Photograph.
What else is to say now?

I like to show details.
Often, it's the little things that make a great difference...
I like to show it as it is...
So to speak...

I am lucky, my partner and I are.
Because we have each other.
And also, because of where we live:
The US Coast - From AmVictoria BC - Canada - From the Bluff on Fairfield

Steph & The Clouds - Victoria BC - Canada - From the Bluff on Fairfield

And, few more shots from today, we were lucky enough to get a full half day of sun, in the winter rain, it is more than welcome!
Spring season here, as you can see!

Cherry Tree and Sky - Victoria BC

Pink House on Gladstone - Victoria BC

Rebirth - Victoria BC

Shades and Lights on Stanley - Victoria BC

Cherry Tree on Stanley - Victoria BC

And then, also, my lovely darling, her smile and her laugh, even, when she hides it.
:)
Stephanie - February 2015 - Victoria BC

Stephanie at The Fernwood Cafe - February 2015 - Victoria BC

Voila, now, we're up too go see some flowers in a flower shop in James Bay,
Have a nice day and take care of yourself and yours.

Sincerely,

Serge
10th February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment