Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Chapter 128 . And then, Came the Rock Star...


... And no, it is certainly not me...

Self - June 2014

Blue blue electric blue, that's the colour of my room, where I will live, blue blue...
Silence...
I sit and look at the wall facing me.
It's like a TV, but it's playing in my head.
I see the movies, I see them all...
I sit... And look at the wall facing me...

I am outside.
It's sunny.
There is a little breeze, and the trees are slowly moving, like unspoken Ents.
I look in front of me, and I feel a powerful bliss.
The future is always strong.
I smile...

Some days,
It doesn't matter,
How many leafs are on my clover...

My friend Kate arrived, like an hurricane, with her bags, her guitar and her talent...
Kate is a musician.
There is very little else to say.
That's what she does, that's who she is, she lives and breathes like a musician, she is a true Rock Star.
And so, be it!
Betty Kate

She is a busy person.
There is no doubt about that.
And again, this makes sense.
However, part of her trip to Victoria, she usually lives on one of the Gulf Islands, was to work some of her song, and possibly record some as well, and if we were really lucky, maybe to also get her to sing in one of my songs...

And so we played...
Betty Kate & Sergio Foglio - Picture and Processing by Mr. Mike Routliffe

And we played...
Sergio Foglio - Picture and Processing by Mr. Mike Routliffe

The good news:
We co-wrote two songs, really, the lyrics are entirely Miss Kate. As for the music, we truly collaborated, and, amazing thing, even though it was a fair amount of work, it was fairly easy.
We recorded two songs live, one acoustic guitar and one voice: Alone Again (For Me) & Needing Closure.
I recorded a full rock version of Alone Again (For Me) with the band, in which I play the guitars and sing.
Quite different than what we usually do!
The bad news:
You cannot listen to any of it...
Or at least, not for now...
The reason being is simple, this is Betty Kate work, and so, she is in charge of any release date.
When she will give me the authorization to publish the Spaceboys & TST version of her song, then I will happily share it to you.
Here are some pics of her stay here:
Betty Kate & Sergio Foglio

Betty Kate

Betty Kate

Betty Kate - Picture and Processing by Mr. Mike Routliffe


On a side note, it's summer and it's wonderful, and it makes me smile, and I love the heat...
Sunrise in Victoria BC


Sometimes, the most wicked images come from the most unexpected sources...
The trick is to capture them adequately...
Untitled


Voila, that's all Peeps,
May this Canada Day bring you happiness and enlightenment...
Betty Kate - Picture and Processing by Mr. Mike Routliffe & Sergio Foglio 

Sincerely,

- I close my eyes, and you are always here. I open my heart and it's a house for you. I think of you and I am  h a p p y . The world is filled with true wonders, but it's by looking at you that it learnt -

Serge
1St July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment