Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chapter 115: While Walking Along the Water...

... I came upon this:

Canoeing in Victoria BC



But, before we get back to that walk along the water, let's have a look to the results of the First Round in the French elections:

First Round Results - French Elections - 2012

Well, here we go. It's gone be Sarko vs Hollande.
A french classic...
There is a lot to say about all of that, but I ain't gone comment.
The #3 is not surprising, nevertheless quite concerning.
Enfin, The Final Round is next week.
Stay tuned!



Anyway, let's get back to that walk I had with my boy Ethan along the Water Wall last week end.
It's a long dam that goes along then turns.
It's a agreeable walk, very uplifting, very rejuvenating.
I still remember the first time I walked it, with Mike. It was such a windy day, and it was maybe 9.30 pm in winter, and i couldn't see the water, it was like walking the wall of China in the dark.
Last week was different, more like walking on any city on the french Riviera, tourists and autochthones meddling together, the sun bathing all that sweet and unexpected Sunday afternoon's world, the smell of the ocean, the summer smell, and, the white and powerful light.
It was, in a weird way, like going back in time...

The Small Light House


We ended up walking the wall, like I like to say, because Ethan was upset. He is playing some video games on a server, and some jerks stole all his stuff, in the game that is.
Well son, that is a lesson of life, it's filled with jerks... Sadly...
Anyway, I knew that the walk would make him feel better, and it did.

Ethan and the Wall

The Ocean, The Boy & The Wall

Pondering


We started walking, and after a short while, I looked back and saw the city, along the water, bathed in the sun...
It was like at it in a way I had never done it before... Overall, it was odd and enjoyable.

Victoria City


The mountains facing us are in the US.
They are the Olympic Mountains, majestic and sovereign.
Covered with snow, it seems almost unreal that, somehow that close, there could be snow.
The sun, the striking sun laughs at me...

An Apparently Quiet Ocean


And we walked that wall, back and forth, and we headed back home across the small and intricate streets of James Bay.
I thought for a second and a half that I still did not know who that James dude was, but we kept on walking.
There is many amazing and lovely houses.
Like this one:

Houses in James Bay - Victoria BC

I looked up at the sky and remembered the pictures I used to take of the sky in Curitiba.
The most beautiful clouds I've ever seen, possibly the most beautiful sky I've ever seen. They seemed so close...
The Victoria's sky, with a different pace, holds his head up!

Sky in Victoria BC


It's quiet and there is very few people.
We walked the streets, slowly, we pay attention to details.
Victoria is different. Every place is. But here, people do lovely little things. Like those flowers. Those are not in someone's garden, this is the side walk...
Simply lovely of innocence and good will.

Flowers on the Side Walk

And, this is what I like the most here, that welcoming initiative, it is a form of art by itself, I think it's called well being.

Take a Short Rest



And, we got home, in our little place so empty without Silvia.
Not waiting for her is not possible.
I can only pretend...



Ah, and last Wednesday I went there:

Royal Theatre - Victoria BC

It was The Year Celebration of Ecole Victor Brodeur, the french school my boys go to.
It is a big community of frenchies, so they rent the Royal theatre for the evening, and students from Grade 1 to 12 perform in different and often surprising shows.
The theme this year was Passing Time, and there was some pretty funny stuff going on, but, again, I ain't going to talk too much about it, cause, this is only interesting to parents who had their kids there.
I smile and wish you a good week.
I think we are going to go for a walk, even though, it is rather grey outside today.


Voila, that's all folks.
Sincerely,

Serge
April 29th 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment