Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chapter 114: French Election's Day

So, today is what they call Le Premier Tour of their elections, the first round.
Every french citizen is entitled to vote to elect the president of the french republic.

Unless they get the absolute majority, they have to go onto a second round, which, is usually the case.
here is how WIKI defines this type of election:
The two-round system (also known as the second ballot, runoff voting or ballotage) is a voting system used to elect a single winner where the voter casts a single vote for their chosen candidate. However, if no candidate receives the required number of votes (usually the absolute majority or 40-45% with a winning margin of 5-15%), then those candidates having less than a certain proportion of the votes, or all but the two candidates receiving the most votes, are eliminated, and a second round of voting occurs.

Now, the french president has a mandate of 5 years.
And so much has happened in the past 5 years.
This, in fact, is an important election.
Don't get me wrong, if you read me, you know where my political views aspire to be, but this is irrelevant at the moment, truly is.
Now, the french are moving towards something they have not tried yet, not that the result will really be a new game play, even though, it is slightly possible, but at least, they stand up those darn french!!!!!
This, I admire for that culture.
You do, indeed, have the right to speak.
It's just that, nobody seems to be listening.

In ten pictures, a short vision of the ten suitors, one of them, unless things get really really different, will end up leading the french politics for the next 5 years.
In no particular order:

E. Joly - EELV - Environment

F. Bayrou - MoDem - Center Right

F. Hollande - PS - Left

J. Cheminade - Solidarité et Progrès - Right

J.L. Mélenchon - FG - Left

M. Le Pen - FN - Far Right

N. Arthaud - LO - Far left

N. Dupont-Aignan - DLR - Right

P. Poutou - NPA - Far Left

N. Sarkozy - UMP - Right

Most of those guys are terrible human beings, but let's just see how it turns out, cause, sooner or later, we're gone find ourselves, face to face, with the truth...



On the creative side of things, I have been... Slow...
I tried to draw, and, I am doing something which can potentially be interesting, but it ain't flowing.
It's going very slow and requires a constant refocused to be bale to stay in a somewhat different style.
It's a pain in the butts!
Anyway, it looks like nothing so far, but I have good hope that I'll be able to put it off in the end.
Plus, that ain't a big major piece, that's just some doodles that I am interested in.
Here it is:

Facade

Also, I have another drawing to do, and another one, and thousands in my head, and at least 4 that I absolutely need to finish, and I am thinking about going to watch HIMYM...



I'm gone go for a walk with my Ethan boy later on, I should bring my camera, so I can do some photography maybe.
I have not done that, even semi seriously, in what feels like a decade...
The issue is that, I don't miss it...
Pondering...



And, at last, we've been practising a bit of music with the band.
It had been a full year or so since we recorded our last tune.
How embarrassing is that??!!!?!
Pffff, I brush it off from my shoulder in a blink of the eye!
So yea, we practise.
We played half seriously, we worked on a song I started to write two years ago, on and off, and it clearly going to require more work.
However, even though the song was suppose to be very slow, almost in a Neil Young/ Harvest style, it turned out differently, and I think I like it better...
Something else to ponder on though.
This is a practise recording of part of the song, there is no intro, and we don't always play together.
But that's what it is, and, I believe it gives a pretty good idea of what it is going to be... Eventually...
So here's a Spaceboys & The Sweet Things practise recording:




Voila, I guess that's all for now folks...
More to come next week.

Sincerely,

Serge
April 22nd 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment