Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chapter 106: Amy, It's SuperHeavy!

I didn't understand.
Amy had just passed away, and I didn't understand all the fuzz about it.
I had never listened to her music, and something was telling me that I might be passing by something important.
So, I rapidly got a hold of the two albums, and loaded them on my phone without even listening to them.
Then, I listened to Frank, the first album she recorded in 2003.
And, it was good, but nothing exceptional.
I listened a little, not paying much attention, and that was it.
I had not been hooked.
Not a tad bit.

Time passed by...

It was a Saturday, at about 1.45 pm, I was walking back home from work, and a song came up on my phone.
"You're Wondering Now".
I stopped walking.
The memories of my youth, the 80's with The Specials, Madness, etc... overwhelmed me, the 90's when I massively listened to the original Jamaican Ska, when I understand lot better how all this music worked, what it meant, oh, how much it moved my soul.
But, the version I was listening now was the best I ever heard.
And from far.
It was Back in Black, the second album Amy recorded in 2006.
One of those album that is perfect, from beginning to end, a master piece with the power of bringing tears and laughs to your soul.
By not listening to it, I had cheated myself, like I knew I would...
I felt tears coming to my eyes.
I closed them, and this is what I saw:

Amy
I had understood...

The world had lost an amazing lady.
A true artist.
The infinite sadness cannot be solved.
We're wondering now, even though we know, this is the end.

I had thought about her a lot since that Saturday, and today, I let you go Amy.
So, let's listen to you one more time here, and look at you in a way we would have liked to do before:



























That's SuperHEAVY, a discovery of a lost.
While Amy had disappeared, another child was born.
A super heavy one.
An old one.
Or a mixed age should I add.
As it is said, superHEAVY is a supergroup consisting of Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, A. R. Rahman, Damian Marley & Mick Jagger.


superHEAVY


The four talented musicians manage to make quite a surprising album, a mix of all their style, Damian Marley being quite amazing, bringing a touch of warmth, Miss Stone and her voice out of this world, the brilliant A.R. Rahman, with his strong east indian influence, and the two old guys, Jagger and Stewart, about whom everything has already been said.
And, who else can wear a pink suit that well?
And, with pink Nike please!






Note: This is the work of Shepard Fairey, the artist responsible for the iconic ‘Hope’ poster used in Barack Obama’s successful election campaign.




Voila, that's all for this time folks.
Bye Amy, I ain't going to forget about you.
Thank you, and rest in piece.
You, deserve it.



Sincerely,

Serge
October 5th 2011

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love & admire your passion for music. :)
    and of course, I love and admire you.

    ReplyDelete