Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chapter Ninety Eight: Corto in Hamilton (New Drawing), Some Amazing Pictures, Series & a Dead Lady...

Bonjour.
Two days ago, I felt really really sick.
I felt weak like I had never felt before.
I rested for an entire 24 hours.
It seems it was needed.
It worries me, to be honest, but I woke up yesterday fine and rested.
This is something I need to pay great attention to though...

So, I woke up yesterday, and I needed to draw.
I needed to feel good.
Often, drawing makes me feel that way. Not always though.

As I already mentioned, I am working on a large piece, which has two more characters by the way, but it is getting very stressful to work on it, so I thought that I could draw something else, something easy and simple, just to take my head out of it, and recharge my batteries.

Few days before, my friend Mike, who is moving back east to Montreal in days, was showing me some picture of Hamilton, his hometown so to speak, that he had taken few years ago.
One of them especially attracted my eyes, as I could immediately see a good vector drawing.
I could see Corto Maltese walking by, in the night streets of Hamilton.
Don't ask, please, don't ask.
I don't know where those ideas are coming from, even though, but they just come anyway.

So, yesterday I drew.
And I drew in a very old style, one I had not used in years, since the first edition of the Hegemony Shift Magazine.
And so, this is Corto in Hamilton:

Corto in Hamilton



Now, Silvia is going to attempt to colour it.
That's really exciting!!!!

Now, talking about Corto again, there is that little town which I forgot the name AND location, who has that lovely sculpture:

Corto's Sculpture

Inspiring... Somehow.





Today, I feel great.
You might have notice, on the top right corner, my new widgets for our music, the newest song, the complete, and the store.
Take a trip to the world of Spaceboys & The Sweet Things, the band I share with Linda Simone and Nick Steal.




So, since always, I have been collecting pictures.
All kind of stuff.
The birth of the digital age just multiplied by 1000 the numbers.
And still, I have never lost the passion of looking at others people images, looking through their eyes and minds.
Here are some images I find interesting.
Note that, they are all recent.
Enjoy:

Hot Spot


Cold Spot


Wet Spot


Rough Spot To Be In


Small Spot To Spend The Night


Quiet Spot


Advise: Keep Your Mouth Closed


A Giant Mermaid


And voila for the cool shots.




This morning,with coffee, I went to my computer and checked my emails.
And, there was something from a dude I had not heard from in about 18 years.
His name is Patrick.
We grew up together, and he always was an inspiration to me, and by this I meant I admired him a great deal, as, he was, and I'm sure still is, a true artist.
Of course he would deny it in block, but that would only be his own way to be somehow modest.
This, among other things, made my day!
Thanks L'Ancetre!




Series:
So, we are fishing the infamous AT&T advertisement campaign today:

Mexico

And finally:

Paraguay

Well, sniff, it's been a long trip...


And, almost the end of the cool movies pic series, today, todo more:

Requiem For A Dream (if I am not mistaken)


Who's Who Here?




Coffee is brewing for the second or third time today, Silvia is listening music, Mike washing the dishes and Ethan watching a cartoon.
It's my Sunday, and it feels like Sunday.
I smile, and suddenly I stop.
A lady's dead.

Amy




Voila.
That's all folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
August 17th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment