Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chapter 136 . Apps, Comic, Music and Shit...


Betty Kate during recording session . July 2014

OK,
So, I still have shitload of recording to do this week end, to get ready to start studio recording song #2 and 3 with Miss Betty Kate.
But I'm getting there!
The "Oxygen" song is on it's way to be post produced, it is not heaven, but it is not bad either, it is what it is, he he he...
I'm getting relatively happy with it, and am definitely getting ready to record a new one.
Been working on post producing "Oxy" for the past few days, re recorded the bass line, drums, etc...
Anyway, hopefully, one day soon I can play it for you.
It's rad!
Thanks to Katey's voice and presence.

Yesterday, a good friend came to visit.
Use to see each other on a daily basis, then life took over, - stunning -, and we got busy.
iiwii
The thing is, with friends, the very special ones, you can spend months not seeing each other, after a minute together, it's like if you've seen each other yesterday...
It's quite something frankly when you stop and think about it.
And it's good.
So, we had some good times and talks, just like we use to do, he he he, then he started tom talk to me about a side project I had started, but had somehow put on the back burner.
When i drew the comic, I didn't want to go in the printing direction, I didn't want to have to print it, and sell it, possibly ship it, all that crap.
Which, by the way, I changed my mind about later on...
But anyway, I wanted to do an App, that people could buy and read on their tablet.
Seemed perfect to me.
Long story short, I worked on it for few months, on and off, then realized that, even though I could pull it off, it would require more work than I was ready to put down, at least at the time, as truly, it was a small team project.
I then reconsidered the printing option, found a way to get the comic printed 11x17 format in colour for a stunning price, which will allow me to sell it for a very affordable price.
More on that another time.
And yes, I should freakin' finish that bloody comic so I can seek it!

My friend came to me yesterday, and said, - he is a programmer - , are you still into doing that App?
Cause we could try it, it would be easy for me to do a simple and efficient App, etc...
Hmmmmmm...
Sounds freakin' cool to me!!!!
So, we're just going to test it to see the result, how much work is involved, and find out if it is worth doing, but I have a good feeling about it!
It's exciting...
- smiling -

Among the material he would need from me were two high res version of boxes from the comic.
I think the reader will read the comic box per box instead of page per page. It just make more sense on a mobile device.
Anyway, I picked two boxes and high "resed" them, and sent them to him with the rest of the docs he needed.
But I thought, hey, let's share those two images.
Just for fun...

Opening Image - Page 1 Box 1

Last Page - Page 6 Box 1

- smiling again -
Yes, I need to finish to this comic and get things going.
I feel good about it.
I'm almost there, and I feel totally optimistic on that bright Saturday morning.

Also, I am considering taking a week off and going on holidays somewhere I can afford.
I have not had such thought in a long time.
Hmmmmmm... Time to treat myself?
I think so...
To be continued...

OK, voila, that's all folks, behave or don't behave, but assume.
;)

Have a great week end.

The Zipper

Sincerely,

Serge
August 2nd 2014











2 comments: