Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chapter 120 . Meanwhile in Victoria...

At the beginning of the year, my friend Mike, who moved back to Victoria from Montreal The Great, contacted me to offer me a spot in an online magazine he was working on.
My spot would be the comic strip section, or at least, a spot in that section.

As I was interested, I started to think about what I could do that would be appropriate, being that, the Magazine, called The Virus by the way, was about the City of Victoria, what's going on here and so on and so forth, I ain't gone go into any details about it here.
Clearly, I needed to talk about Victoria, to draw about Victoria, to do something about that City that I learnt to like while drawing The Case of the Chinese Cemetery.

After much reflection upon that subject, I decided that it could be cool and entertaining to do comparisons in between Victoria life style and other parts of the world.
Remember, it had to be a comic strip, so, very few images to tell a full story, it doesn't seem so, but, it is challenging.
If I was to compare, I could be nice, or terrible, I could have empathy or be brutal... It seemed like a lots of fun to me!
So I did...
And, here is the result:

Comic Strip . Meanwhile in Victoria

However, turned out that Mike is a tad late on his project and, the magazine is still not online.
Fair enough, really.
So, I decided to share the strip, and called it in the end M.I.V.

And, there will be more to come, stay tuned!

Voila,
That's all for now Peeps.

Sincerely,

Serge
May 13th 2014

1 comment:

  1. LOL love this lovey :) xoxox <3 Paige

    also, I have some great big news for you!!!! you should text me when you need,want or cant wait to smile :D

    ReplyDelete