Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chapter 118: And Up the Hill We Go...

... Just like Bilbo Baggins, into the Spring and down to the Shire...

Cherry Tree - Victoria BC - April 2014

As the sun rise up, with it's warmth and upbeat future, I sit down and take my pen.
It seems it is more than time for an update.
So, here it is, in short and no particular order. And, I will get back to it in details in a close future.

1. The blog has been updated!
It was more than time!
So, the look of the blog has changed, it's subtle, but still, the side bar has also been updated and is more relevant to what I do at the moment, two new sections have been added (I'll get back to those later), MUSIC and COMIC . THE CASE OF THE CHINESE CEMETERY, which represent my biggest projects at the moment, and  am going to try my best to write regularly, just as I use to do...

Navigation Bar

2. Music
Please, visit as you wish the MUSIC section, that's where you can find all the updates regarding the musical projects of Spaceboys & The Sweet Thing, the band I play with.
We are presently finishing the producing of our most recent recording, a remix of the song Now for the upcoming album Skin. It will be released as soon as possible.
MUSIC page:
http://sergefoglio.blogspot.ca/p/m.html

Spaceboys & The Sweet Things

3. Graphic Novel: The Case of the Chinese Cemetery
This is a huge deal, and lots about it could be said, but again, I will get back to it in details later.
To make a very long story short, about 1 year and a half ago I went back to my original inspiration, comic books. I had stopped drawing comics nearly 30 years ago, mainly because it was too much work. Yes, I am also lazy...
But anyway, I met an uncanny character years ago, a private investigator named Hessfog, and eventually, we decided to make a graphic novel based on his cases.
I had to develop a new style to facilitate production, and we also decided to go for a Film Noir look, clean and dry.

The Case of the Chinese Cemetery . Front Cover

One of the most interesting point about the project was the fact that Hessfog wanted to create a feeling of reality, everything had to be a reproduction of reality.
I ended up taking hundreds of reference pictures, and every single shot is as it would be if you were standing in the original location.
But more about the project and the outcome can me found here:


4. Location
I now live in Victoria, British Columbia, Vancouver Island.

Sun Rising on Douglas St . Victoria BC . April 2014

And the city is as it always is, magnificent and reborn with the Spring, when weather permits...

Cherry Trees in Blossom . Victoria BC. April 2014

Sunset in Stadacona Park . Victoria BC . May 2014

Sunset . Victoria BC . May 2014

Light & Shades . Victoria BC . May 2014

Construction . Victoria BC . April 2014

Sunrise on Shelbourne . Victoria BC . May 2014

5. Life
It would literally take a novel to write what happened in my life during the past two years.
To summarize it, everything changed...
Professionally, family wise, and relationship wise.
Only my friends, my real friends, remained...
One of them, after a most unexpected turn of event, became close to my heart, closer than a friend usually becomes...
She now walks beside me, her hand in mine.

M.A.

Et voila, that's all for now folks.
Oh, one last thing before I go, keep the faith!

Captain America Mural


Sincerely,

Serge
May 20th 2012 - Victoria BC

No comments:

Post a Comment