Monday, May 12, 2014

Chapter 119: N O W . New Song by Spaceboys & The Sweet Things


45 RPM CD cover

Back in 1997, I was working on a project I called "N O W".
If I am not mistaken, it included different use of media with a common theme. It did include a giant painting and a song.
I didn't recorded the song, but put it in one of my drawer for "use in the future"...

And decades went by...

About 4 years ago, the band and myself ( Linda on drum and Nick on many instruments) decided to recorded it.
We went for a Trip-Hop style, which perfectly matched what we were doing at the time.
We decided to use digital instruments only.
We did it.
Published it.
Never really liked it.
And forgot about it.

Yes... But no...

It always stayed in the back of my mind.

And time passed by. And I went to Brazil. And I went to France. And I came back to Canada... 
And time passed by a little more...

.

Few weeks ago, I played the original studio file, and my god, was it ever poor.
We got together, so to speak as, Linda lives in the States, and Nick in Aussie land, but we still managed, as always, as it is how we play together.
Throughout long insane distances.
We put Linda in a back of a full set drum, drum machines were not enough, I picked up a guitar, and Nick mainly produced the whole thing.
We kept Mel's unforgettable voice, but got rid of Darcy's for the background vocals.
Nick re-produced every single details, and here are, with a brand new song.
I must admit, it's weird.
But it's way better, as fart as we are concerned.
Here it is:


Of course, like always mainly, we also designed the CD cover for the 45 RPM, based on the 33 RPM, and here it also is:

N O W - 45 RPM Jacket

And, last but certainly NOT least, the video made for the song.
In regard to it, I will just say that it is from another time, a time when time was slow...


Et voila, that's all for now folks.
Enjoy the music.

Sincerely,

Serge
May 20th 2012 - Victoria BC

No comments:

Post a Comment