Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chapter Eighty Three: Marseille & What Happened Before

My dear blog, it's been a while since we talked.
Sometimes, I make myself smile...

So, about a week ago, we left cold Canada, my son Ethan and I, to go to the south of France, Marseille actually, the place I could call my hometown.
As always, and I mean always, the trip was exhausting:
Victoria-Vancouver-Frankfurt-Marseille
It took exactly 24 hours from the time we left Victoria till we arrived in Marseille.
I must admit I was dead.
I didn't sleep at all, strangely enough, as I usually always manage to sleep a little.
My son, 9 years old, manage better than me, sleeping here and there, and being admirable the entire time.
It is so easy to travel with him, he is truly awesome.

Here are some pics from the trip:

Ethan in Vancouver, ready for the trip

Sculpture in the Vancouver airport

Lovely clothes you can buy in the Vancouver airport

Flying somewhere

Ethan in the plane

Ethan in the Frankfurt airport

Marseille, finally...


Since then, we haven't stopped.
Mind you, I have not seen my family in 8.5 years, so I am quite sure you can imagine how things go.

So, mainly, I spent time with my family, my parents, my brother, his wife and their 2 kids, my cousin, and very few of my friends who, truly, are family as well.
I have taken hundreds of pictures.
Sadly, I have had a limited time to process them.
So, you guys are just gone get very few for now.
More to come soon, of course.

Building in Marseille

Ethan & his cousin Syrice posing

Typical street corner

Obelisk at Mazargue

Building Le Corbusier

Another building in Marseille


The architecture in Marseille is absolutely amazing.
Such a contrast with Brazil and Canada.
I must admit, once again, that I do appreciate it a great deal.

It's still winter here, but it is not really cold.
I do appreciate that as well...

All in all, and even though I am exhausted because of all the time lags I force my body to go through, I am having a blast.

However... There is a hole in my heart...
I miss my wife.
I miss her so much.
This, has to be the very last time we spend time away from each other.
Period!

Voila, that's all folks.
Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Serge
Le 8 Mars 2011


ps: oh, folks, go check my wife's new blog, it's quite awesome!
365

2 comments: