Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chapter Eighty Four: More About Marseille

This, really is, an amazing city.
First of, it has changed so much since I left, that from place to place I actually don't recognize the city, and, it is the first time I don't feel I am back in my home town, I am a foreigner in this city, a visitor, which I am comfortable with, but beside all of that, the city is gorgeous.

The light here is magical, so white, I had forgotten.
There is literally thousands of old buildings, with tricky and beautiful architecture, which absolutely fascinates me, the way people live and move, the presence of the ocean, or the sea how they say here, the chaos of the thousands of vehicles, it is such a chock after Brazil and Canada.
I spend my time looking everywhere.

On another side of things, there is my family here and I am obligated, in a certain way, to go do all those family stuff, which is exhausting, and not really my cup of tea, with exceptions of course.
But hey, there is a price to pay...
There is always a price to pay...

And, french people eat awesome food, and drink a lots of alcohol.
My liver does not always agree with the last statement.

And this said, let me show you some pics from yesterday, at la plage, and some other places and things, and people in no particular order:

Renovated Buildings

Crane and Sky

Gorgeous Balcony

Narrow Building

Foam on a pole in a parkade cause someone doesn't know how to park his car: absurd 

Trees and Building

Forbidden to Pedestrians

The Big Ocean and the Small Kids

Throwing Rocks

My Dear Mother

La Plage

Dominos

My Dear Sister in Law

Ocean and Hills

The Future: The Foglios Next Generation

My Dear Son

Running on Rocks

My Dear Nephew

Attempted but Failed: The Broken Window

Building & Sky

Rue Paradis #1

Rue Paradis #2


Voila, that's all for now folks.

Sincerely,

Serge
Le 10 Mars 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment