Monday, April 6, 2015

Chapter 162 . New Illustration . My Wife in Japan...


My dear wife is an artist...
Those things happen...

She makes very complex luminaries, complicated and intricate pieces, made from local material, usually.
It is impossible to describe what she does, this will be the only attempt, but it is of a stunning beauty tho be able to admire the completed pieces.

Then, she sells the pieces.
That's how she makes a living.

I will post her work another time, so stay tuned if you're interested.

Now, last week or so I made a poster for an exhibit in NYC, but this time it was time to do another one for Japan.
Ah, Japan...
I already ranted about that, the trick is to represent the artist, the place of the exhibit, and give the predominant feeling of the event.
This is what I came up with:
Stéphanie Crétat . Japan Exhibit


I am quite fond of that one, there is a lots of hidden details, and the illustration tells a lot.
I also used some new technics, that I will experiment further in a near future, like for the clouds in the back for instance.

Last, I had chosen since the beginning to give this Japan feeling by doing a reference to a Japanese artist I respect a great deal.
Can you figure it out Peeps?

This said, have a good day and all that jazz.

Cheers

Serge
April 6th 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment