Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chapter Twenty Eight: Photos, Art, Julian Assange & Mark Zuckerberg

A while ago, I went to the Museu Oscar Niemeyer in Curitiba.
It's massive.
The architecture, that is. I must admit that Brazilians are greatly surprising me with what they build.
I ain't an architect kind of guy, and must, sadly admit, that I have a limited interest in architecture.
However, that museum is something to witness.
What is amazing is the way it was built, a gigantic platform with no poles to maintain it but on the outskirts.
It's kinda surreal: Museu Oscar Niemeyer
Museu Oscar Niemeyer, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Now, let's be honest.
The museum is filled with terrible painting, poor design, atrocious furniture, and the worst photographs I have seen in more than a decade.
Some of the work there is absolutely outrageously bad.
But, there also was an exhibit on design made by Art students.
The theme was recycled and organic material.
And, the kids are all right!
I mean, it was mind blowing. Excellent. Inspiring. Simply good.
I invite you now for a little tour through my eyes:
Giant cones in the entrance
Inside the cones
Organic textiles
Organic guirlandes
Recycled exhibit
Bottle cap
Light made of plastic bottles bottom
Light made of cans bottom
Light made of cans bottom from another angle
Wall of cans
Artwork made of eggs cardboard used for sound proof
Artwork made of eggs cardboard used for sound proof from another angle
Wall of tires

The Times Magazine, if I am not mistaken, as declared Mark Zuckerberg as the main of the year...
Mark Zuckerberg
Are you kidding me?
This guy is disgusting.
He is an opportunist who, also, "created" a tool which allows all the imbeciles on the planet to let us know their meaningless thoughts, what they are eating, and all the crap that fulfill their lives.
Ok, I admit it, I am harsh and cruel.
But you know what?
So be it.
FB sucks, is irrelevant, and stinks.
Yes, I do use it too, but to my defense, I blame myself and spit on it!
Also, if you watch The Social Network, a pathetically lame movie, you just want to kick Zuckerberg in the ass.
What a bastard!

On the other side, Le Monde has chosen Julian Assange as their man of the year.
Julian Assange
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of Mr. Assange, I have my doubts about what's really going on and all that Jazz. But, to me, what he does is more interesting and he has definitely most merit that the previous dude.
This said, let's move on...

To finish, here is a picture of Sabrina I took at Christmas.
Enjoy.
Sabrina


Voila, that's all folks.
Have a happy new year, and I'll talk to you in 2011.

Sincerely,

Serge

No comments:

Post a Comment