Monday, May 31, 2010

Chapter two: A good surprise.

A while ago, I was working on some t-shirt concept with a friend of mine, and I was kind of looking for a 50's car or van, something that had a pretty cool design.
That day, I was in Chinatown, and standing there, nicely parked, was the perfect van:
A Corvair Rampside 95
I took a picture with my phone, and put it aside.


















Few week later, I started on the drawing
I did few different versions, different colours, and it was all looking pretty rad.
Then, few more weeks later, I was walking in James Bay, and parked in front of a corner store was the same van.
I went in and asked who was the owner of that yellow van
His name was Joel.
We chatted for a while, and he asked me if he could buy a print.
Then he asked if I could do a custom van for him, which I did.
The final result, to be printed 36X24 can be found right below.
















I liked it. It looked very alive, very attractive. But I didn't expect much from the print.
Today, I finally went to get it printed, after the Doctor appointment, and, I must be honest, the print looks fabulous! 
Now, I want one for myself too!
























--

The doctor appointment was a total disappointment.
They have not received all the results they need, and I have to go back tomorrow.
To be continued...

--

Life with my friend Mike is good. I am glad he is back from his trip to Mexico, alive and packed with amazing stories.
You can check the blog of this crazy man here:

--

One drawing a day: Day 3
I am on schedule.
I manage to do a fast little drawing again, and I am started to really have fun with those sketches.
I think I am starting to gt the hand of it.
Barely, I admit, but at least it's there, somewhere.
Another drawing of my lovely wife.






































Sincerely,

Serge

No comments:

Post a Comment